:::::earthing problems::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
hi guys,

iam just plagued by earthing (ground problems) when ever i touch my cabinet i feel a little shock on my hand i know this is not good for my system too :D

can any one plz help our house is not earthed properly is there a way to eliminate this

Iam also using two extensions which have spikes installed in them but still i get a little shock whenever i touch cabinet.

PLZ help :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The spike suppressors will not eliminate the earthing issue. First of all, check your system. Is any part of the motherboard PCB touching the chassis. Re check the wiring. Else call a qualified electrician and get the supply earthed. I had this same issue, and discovered that my flat was not 'earthed'. To make do, I got my PSU supply socket earthed to insure my system is free from leak current.

OP

In the zone
dude pcb is not touching cabinet but does screws supply power or can pas voltage to board

secondly when i saw voltage from bios my processor needs 3.3 V but it was getting 3.428 is it ok

OP

In the zone
motherboards is mounted on some screws which came with the motherboard itself first he screwed them them placed mother board on it and then tightened the screws all of them were of metal but except screws motherboard does'nt touches cabinet

6x6

Journeyman
it is smps common problem, only solution is to get your house wiring checked. earth terminal of power socket should have proper earthing.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yes it is. The motherboard circuits and CPU chips are sensitive to external electrical surge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom