Earphone for ipod within 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i saw a thread discussing the same but dint find exact answer for me...

the thread gives ref to this site *store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/headphones?mco=6A1E959
..but they r costly n all in dollars.... so i wanna know which wud be best for itouch 1G arrnd budget of 1k in bangalore...

one more thing, i prefer earphones(ipod only type) rather than ear-plugs(ones which plugs into ur ear...like bose) as my ear make is such that i dint feel proper bass even with bose phones....thanx in advance

ps: sorry to re-create a similar thread...

Enjoy~!

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey thanx for replyin.... m more of a bass liking person.... so will it suit me...

also saw the foll sony plugs-

Sony MDR-EX32LP/B - Rs.1090

Sony MDR-EX35LP/B - Rs.990

Sony MDR-EX33LP/G - Rs.990

Sony MDR-EX55SL/B - Rs.1490

Enjoy~!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
EX35LP is cosltier than EX32LP afaik as it has better audio quality and better earbuds that are lot lot more comfortable than that of 32LP but both are superb in-ear headphones and are highly recommended.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well will check out....have u tried it out...hows the bass n clarity... can i expect a sample test b4 buying at the shop or will they alwez show a sealed pack... will goto sony world

Enjoy~!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I tried both and felt EX35LP is better. you better not test those outside as nobody knows who all have stuck those into their dirty ears.

Go and get 35LP and you will be satisfied :)

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
alryt target EX35LP....

nothin to look elsewhere like any other brand? i know bose starts wit 5k so leave that.

Enjoy~!

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well sennheiser starts from 1.3k....sony has wide range from 400 to x(out of bounds) and creative also has ranges from 4oo.... i like the shape of my ipod touch earphones....so wich will suit me....i dunt think i will appreciate in-earphones that much

Enjoy~!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
how about this: *www.sony.co.in/product/mdr-ed12lp

looks like in-ear headphones but they are just earphones that has bud for better fit.

clip style: *www.sony.co.in/product/mdr-j11

havent' checked Sennheiser yet.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^nah. there are much much better headphones availble and I don't like the muddy and bassy sound of EP-630.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@desibond: i have taken a sample test of that one....my frnd has it....it sounds clear but i dint find enough bass in it.... although my frnd says he can but i felt itouch phones had more....so may b my ear shape not supporting it.... but hopefully i will stick wit sony itself....dunt think creative will be competitive enough...

ps: theres one mr thing to fig out....my itouch phones say they r of 32 ohms where all these new ones r 16 ohms impedance....any loss or gain?

Enjoy~!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@speedyguy, yes. you do need to find the right fit to get the right bass level. Without proper fit, bass and some detail will be missing.

You can also look for V-Moda headphones (deal through KMD at Techenclave). They are for those who love to have lot of bass and they certainly rock. But downside is that they are a bit expensive.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*shop.v-moda.com/p-16-bass-freq.aspx
this is the one am talking about. And it costs around 30$ and KMD charges something like 60rupees per dollar if I am right.

Last edited:
OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ya i heard abt v-moda....but if i cant find an indian retail...esp in bangalore..it will be way to expensive...i can xtend max to arnd 1.2k....

ps: checked that web....says shipping cost wud be arnd $35....for a $30 product...lol

Enjoy~!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^take this guy's help:

*www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/do-kmd-usa-online-stores-your-109852.html

and ask him how much he charges for this:

*www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1251434998&sr=1-2

one thing to note is that Sony doesn't provide warranty for earphones. But from my experience, you need not worry about warranty.

so, why not order a earphone/headphone from USA through KMD? you will get better deal for same price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom