e6750 or X2 5600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The Day Walker! said:
ok pals..ill switch 2 ..... 256mb varient for 8600gt...
and as for procy..just needed 2 know..will e6750 outperform x2 5600+ without oc or will it fail..2..do..so...
and wots the price range for both the packs.....

Mere bhai @ stock X2 cannot match C2D and after oc poor curent X2 cannot hit 3ghz + they are 2.6~ while C2D can hit 4ghz on WC :razz: SO after OC no match for C2D and without OC C2D rulezzzzz too :)

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
ok.pals....
just need the price for the combo..... proc+mobo,,in mumbai..along with the add. where i can get it....from in mumbai.......as well as gfx card...2.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Shashwat Pant said:
Mere bhai @ stock X2 cannot match C2D and after oc poor curent X2 cannot hit 3ghz + they are 2.6~ while C2D can hit 4ghz on WC :razz: SO after OC no match for C2D and without OC C2D rulezzzzz too :)
well buddy ,you just might want to take a look at new AMD X2 45W TDP BE2300 & BE2350 Procys.. clocked at 1.9Ghz and 2.1 Ghz respectively..Its getting stable OC freq Upto 3-3.2Ghz on stock cooling !!! Good enough for kicking out Intel 2xxx and even E4400 out of the market since both of these are ore expensive than the AMD offering !!!

But when higher end C2D is in the competition..x2 is no match..at least for now....... as these new low TDP procys are showing quite a headroom for overclocking..could pose a challenge for C2D 6XXX procys when realesed with higher stock clockspeed !

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
TDP 's S Be modle is replica of C2D core architecture and is meant for low end use not for high end.. E6XXX series is way to go as mobo price is nice atm for Intel..

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
hey bros..just needed 2 know...can i oc e6750 on stock coolin,,,till 3ghz....with xfx 650i mobo....and zebronics bijli cabby.

cause if yes without burning the procy,,,,,,,, then i dont want 2 exceed the oc from 3ghz..

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
pals....

is biostar P35D2-A7 mobo better then the xfx 650i ultra..or not...
and wots the actual price of it???

thanx

angel

pals.... checked out the biostar website....

2 models are available,,,,,

TP35D2-A7
and
TP35D3-A7 Deluxe.

wot is the price of both the motherboards..in mumbai....

and is it better then xfx board 650i ultra...or not.....

or should i go for the xfx....

help needed...

thanx

angel

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
Yes I admit that I am crying within 2 days of buying X2 [5000+ 65 NM]. It is useless. It is worse than even my old Pentium IV 3.0 with 2mb cache. I think in AMD L2 cache is bottle neck.

It is 4 moths since I have purchased this X2 and repenting for my decision. This X2 with 2 GB of 667 mhz Kingston DDR2. AMD 690G mobo is far slower than compared to my old combo of P IV 3.0, 512 DDR2, MSI 915 P/G combo. The difference is that this X2 is cooler than old intel.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ WHAT!!!! :shock: if you still have your old system then can you please give us a quick benchmark.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
so should i go in for biostar TP35D2-A7 ?????

if yes, tehn wot is the price of the board,,in mumbai...and where in mumbai,,,can i get it......

premsharma

In the zone
Now I have shifted to a place [remote] where access to net is very pathetic through gprs. So I will not be able post any bench marks. I am though not layman but have tried to find reasons and came to conclusion that it might be due to lower L2 cache on AMD processors. X2 is cooler than old.

Yes I still have the old combo with me but presently using X2 config to make use of AMD 690 mobo onboard graphic ati x1250. Otherwise my previous PIV 3.0 with MSI 915 with512 DDR2 is better anytime. I waiting to dispose this X2 combo off if I get someone intrested even at loss.

I just wanted people to be aware, who wants to go for AMD. It may be usefull for entry level PC and for that 3000+ or 3800+ are sufficient. If one is into gameing, editing etc, I think you go for Intel 6XXX series.

premsharma

In the zone
The Day Walker! said:
so should i go in for biostar TP35D2-A7 ?????

if yes, tehn wot is the price of the board,,in mumbai...and where in mumbai,,,can i get it......

P35 board ?? Why Biostar?? Why not Intel, MSI, Asus Or Gigabyte???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom