E398 or K700i please tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
hi guyes,
i want to upgrade my new mobile e365 to e398 or k700i.
now i want you guyes to do the difficult job for me
tell me which one is a good buy.
i know e398 does not support video capturing (all the confusion because of this)but is it possible in future(4 to 6 months) that we can upgrate the firmware to enable this function.
also which one is more reliable
and
quality of mp3 and video(mpeg4) played, is very important.

you guyes helped me to buy my PC and i know you vont let me down this time also.

regards,
nishant.

G

gxsaurav

I got a k500i, it is based on K700i, basically,

K700I- Bluetooth, Memory & FM Radio = K500i

K700i got 42 MB usable memory while K500i has 12 MB,

Motoroa E398 is quite good, but it has a slow OS,& when u use it as a mp3 phone then u can hardly do anything else, it must be supporting video capture, check at the shop yourself

if 42 MB is enough for U then K700i is da best, but if u want memory expension then go for E398, except for the featur to add more memory i don't see E398 any better then K700i

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Me too own a k500i and am satisfied with it.
If you don't neet memory expansion ...comon 40Mb is just enough on k700i , k700i is the best phone money can get you. I seriously am thinking about upgrading to k700i . The most important thing is sonyericsson phones don't need propriety software to connnect to PC and Phone hence no issues . Just use infrared or bluetooth and its so easy doing the job.
Best luck and enjoy .
If as a computer geek you can't use 40Mb to your advantage by compressing then what the hell we are in this forum for . :p

OP
nishantv2003

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
thank u guyes for your reply

can any one tell me, when comparing sound and display quality which one is better (sound-clear voice, loudness,bass{when using good quality mp3} and screen-vivid colour, sharpness,clarity).

memory is the problem for me but if k700i beats the e398 in both the things i mentoned above ill buy it.

and how much is the price diffrence.

please reply

cheers.

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, depends on your choice & ears

The E398 has 2 speakers, so true stereo sound, while the k700i has only 1 speakers which splits the audio to make it 2 channel, stereo

For a mobile fone, even if they say mp3 support forget it, MP4 AAC is 500% better then mp3 for a mobile

I encode the songs which i want in my mobile to 32 KBPS AAC at this it sounds exectly like 128 kbps mp3, while the file size is very low, also , both k700i & e398 support mp4 aac

The UI & OS of K700i is easier the E398, atleast for me

The E398 7 K700i has both got 16bit color screen, TFT LCD, although they seem identical in sharpness & brightness to me, your choice may differ

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I personally own the E398. The OS being slow can be fixed via a firmware upgrade. The sound is something which really puts this phone ahead of the others. Like gx said it has 2 speakers as against the conventional 1 speaker and the quality is very very good. It comes with a 64MB trans media So lots of storage. I love it and the looks are very very good. If u really want then go for the S700 rather than the K700i.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dude, Nokia is better for u, in case u are ready to invest more.

see for urself...
E398 --> rs 16k
K700i--> rs 16-17k
K500i--> rs 12.5k

and Nokia 6260 --> 16-17k (or) nokia 3660 -->12k (or) nokia 6600 -->15k

Why dont go for SE:(main factors)
1. MMC not expandable.
2. K700i has only 32MB, Nokia is expandble upto 256 mb. Dont know abt moto.
3. Just see the features of 3660 and K700i and price.
4. More Games cant be compactible with SE K700i, the games which comes with SE or which is found in SE's website can be only installed in ur phone.
5. When u install themes to ur SE , the icons dont change/identicle with the installed theme.
6. Other factors like non replaceble covers, software problems, less no. of service centres, etc.
7. The keypad in SE is stocky and is difficult to press. {IMO, it seems to me as a calculator keypad :) }

See 6260: Has video capturing, Bluetooth, MP3 playback , mp3 rigntones, FM radio, 32 mb MMC(expandable upto 256mb), it is clamshell and it has good screen resolution, bigger LCD.

And if u dont want nokia, and only chose between SE and moto..., go for SE K700i.

Consider this:
1. moto E398 --> supports MPEG 4 playback.
2. moto E398 --> stereo MP3.
3. moto E398 --> only phone with BASS and stereo speakers
4. moto E398 --> as far as i am considered, moto E398 looks better than SE K700i and is built quality is good and more rugged.

nishantv2003 said:
how much is the price diffrence.
Both sell at almost same price 16k, although K700i may be a marginally costlier( around 17k).
Moto is now giving 20% discount in exchange for ur old phone.

nishantv2003 said:
can any one tell me, when comparing sound and display quality which one is better (sound-clear voice, loudness,bass{when using good quality mp3} and screen-vivid colour, sharpness,clarity).
* SOUND , LOUDNESS, BASS, QUALITY

Moto clearly beats SE in this regard.
IT is the only phone which supports BASS and has surround sound.

* SCREEN RESOLUTION , COLORS

SE now beats now.
Screen resolution: same (176*220)
Colors :
SE --> 16- bit color
MOto --> 65k
Se is better in terms of color.

Additional features in SE 700i which is absent in Moto E396:

1. IRDa
2. FM radio
3. SE weighs lighter than moto (i think so, not sure)
4. Video capture (big disadvantage)
5. Battery (talktime) is also more than that of MOTO.

MY CHOICE:

I would definetly go for NOKIA 6260, and if i want to choose from K700i or E398, i would go for K700i.
But it will upto u, and what features u look forward. I u want good sound clarity/ BASS , then E398 will be better. If u want video capture/good feature mixed phone , go for K700i.
BUT if i were u, i would defenitly go for Nokia 6260.

-----

Doctor Grudge.

drgrudge

Ohh :eek: , another thing i forgot to tell:

In K700i , when u take capture picture or video in night mode, the result comes out very dim or dark.

gxsaurav said:
The E398 7 K700i has both got 16bit color screen
no, only K700i has 16-bit color.
E398 has 65k color only.

OP
nishantv2003

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
thanks for your reply guyes,

but i am kind of music lover so i think i should go for e398.
and about the prices just got them (in jabalpur {m.p.})-
e398-13k
k700i-16k
so its clear, i am going to stick with e398.

but if u guyes wanna suggest me something else
please feel free to. :D

drgrudge

nishantv2003 said:
but if u guyes wanna suggest me something else
please feel free to.
Dude, did u check out Nokia 6260.

See 6260: Has video capturing, Bluetooth, MP3 playback , mp3 rigntones, FM radio, 32 mb MMC(expandable upto 256mb), it is clamshell and it has good screen resolution, bigger LCD.
I think it has a very good combination of features at a great price...

G

gxsaurav

Grudge, U forgot to mention that all the features u gave for 6260 are also supported by K700I& E398

Since you already mentioned, U are a music lover, remember, using your phone as a music player will eat your battry quickly, so keep that in mind, again as i said earlier, for a mobile mp4 aac is lot better then mp3, so encode your files in aac with quicktime or nero before playing in Mobile

All of the above mentioned phones provide bluetooth, & belive me it is quite impossible to use the speaker of phone in public or in ofice, your best bet is a Bluetooth headphone with noise cancelation, which will work with all

I personally find the 6600 LCD screen to a bit less bright then k700i

In K700i , when u take capture picture or video in night mode, the result comes out very dim or dark.

When did u saw that, maybe it was the phine u saw, here in k500i which has the same OS & Cam of K700I, the pics are clear

K700i has only 32MB, Nokia is expandble upto 256 mb. Dont know abt moto.

K700i has 42 MB memory, for a mobile that is enough, although there is no memory expandable but still it can hold upto 30 music files encoded in aac along with still having 8 MB left for use as Pen drive

Keypad is a personal choice, games, they eat battry, & who playes games on a mobile when u use it as a mobile

Ok, color covers is something Nokia excells at, but no one buys the costly Original covers, in that sence even SE has local Covers to turn it in black, i have turned mine in black & silver

No matter which phone u buy, a firmware upgrade is must, so do it asap

The UI of 6600 is very bad, atleast for my choice, the icons are like Windows 98 time

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
Grudge, U forgot to mention that all the features u gave for 6260 are also supported by K700I& E398
Hmm, does E398 have :
1. Fm radio?
2. IRDa?
3. Video capturing?
4. Expandable MMC?

Does K700i have :
1. MP3 ringtones?
2. Expandable MMC?
3. More Compactible Games?

Man gxsaurav, check out b4 u post. :evil:

drgrudge said:
K700i has only 32MB, Nokia is expandble upto 256 mb.
Sorry, that i posted wrong. It should have been for K500i, not K700i as i have mentioned.

gxsaurav said:
K700i has 42 MB memory, for a mobile that is enough
K700i have only 41mb, not 42mb :wink:
And if u think it is enough, then consider this...
In early 70's Bill Gated mentioned that all computer's need memory in KB size. But was he write?

justo said:
but ..... when ur spending around 16k ....... i suggest you go for a nokia 6600 ..... its worth it
dude, 6600 costs only 15k.
and for 16k, i can 6260 is the best bet!

G

gxsaurav

E398 has bluetooth, a lot better then IrDA with IrDA, it has Expandable MMC card memory & video capture too, i checked it today

K700i supports mp3 ringtones
No expandable memory, I mean, what do u think u will store in a mobile that u need 256 MB memory
U play games on mobile, well, for time pass, even 3 games are enough which can be downloaded freely as k700i supports Java games, just like 6600

OP
nishantv2003

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
once again you guyes helped me to solve my problem and i thank you very much. :D
since i do not want to spend very much money on my new handset but at the same time get a good phone which will fill my basic desires of MP3's and VIDEO that MOTOROLA E398 will do.
and speaking of VIDEO 'gxsaurav' wrote that e398 has video RECORDING.
so can you guyes tell me about video recording in e398, and if it is not present then how to enable it.
thanks again. :D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I dont know why there is such n issue made regarding the lower number of games for sony ericsson . I think i have not less than 900 Games for my SonyEricsson k500i . Not to forget it supports 3d Java Games unlike symbian ones on Nokia,) im not talking psyedo 3d but real 3d java )
Moreever have you tried communicating any phone with PC . Bet nothing is as easy as sony ericsson . No software needed . Just use ur bluetooth or irda d the Pc recognises it as Nereby computer. Use Bluetooth and its so easy again on SE .
k700i is also a lot smaller and handier that the other phone in same category . After all aren't looks and astectics important ?
And support for mp4 or aac . I dont think any phone comes near SonyEricsson .
Still the Se vs Nokia debate has been going on for long so lets avoid it . Just visit the local shop .Feel all the phones in your hand and you will know what's good for you.

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
E398 has bluetooth, a lot better then IrDA with IrDA, it has Expandable MMC card memory & video capture too, i checked it today
gxsaurav :evil: ....dont u check b4 u post???
See this is misleading.....
nishantv2003 said:
and speaking of VIDEO 'gxsaurav' wrote that e398 has video RECORDING.
so can you guyes tell me about video recording in e398, and if it is not present then how to enable it.

* Video capture

where the cr@p did u find this and checked with ?
No video capture function

The E398 has all the features that would suit video capturing function; a good quality camera, internal and expandable external memory, and photo light. Instead the makers of the phone have opted to leave this feature out and instead left us with image capture only, at VGA resolution.

The E398 even has a video player – why not video capture Motorola!?

gxsaurav said:
K700i supports mp3 ringtones
It does, but we cant download any, it is in built only.

gxsaurav said:
No expandable memory, I mean, what do u think u will store in a mobile that u need 256 MB memory
HEy wht's wrong in having a larger memory card?
@nishantv2003, there is a transmemory card for 64mb, available with moto, so u can have store mp3's and stuffs.

gxsaurav said:
U play games on mobile, well, for time pass, even 3 games are enough which can be downloaded freely as k700i supports Java games, just like 6600
hmm, regarging the games, as u said only three can be installed in SE.See, i dont play games in my mob, but there are ppl who play games very much. Remember the nokia N gage game competion?Infact N gage was built only for games and multiplaying options via bluetooth.
Leading Network providers like airtel, hutch have paid downloads for 50rs and 100 rs.
Now there is gonna be Grafics card for mobs too.

And regarding the free download, most of the games wont be compactible with SE K700i.

G

gxsaurav

plz provide the link from where u got that info that E398 doesn't support video recording in 3gp format, if it doesn't then what i did yesterday in the shop was mirracle?

I never said that U can only install 3 games, i said even 3 games are enough

Better if u go & check for yourself, before asking and starting a war, go to the shop & see for yourself, feel for yourself, & then tell us your decision for further help

OP
nishantv2003

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
take a look at this :shock:
*www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28140085
dont beleave it,
BELEAVE IT.

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
plz provide the link from where u got that info that E398 doesn't support video recording in 3gp format, if it doesn't then what i did yesterday in the shop was mirracle?
Hmm, here is the link where i saw.....
*www.imobile.com.au/phonereviews/default.asp?ID=reviewssep0414

gxsaurav said:
Better if u go & check for yourself, before asking and starting a war, go to the shop & see for yourself, feel for yourself, & then tell us your decision for further help
HEy are u misleading everyone with ur posts? I knew 1008% that E398 dint have video capturing...., just for u i googled.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom