Dynamic IP Question - Please Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Hi Friends, Got a Question

I am using Airtel BB which assigns dynamic IP after each successful MODEM reboot.

Suppose at one point of time my IP address is 122.xx.xx.123 (Say), now when I reboot the MODEM the IP becomes 122.xx.xx.111.

So what happens to previous IP Address i.e. 122.xx.xx.123? I mean is the previous IP Address gets assigned to some other user or it is completely diminished? or it gets assigned back to me after some reboots?

Pls clear

- Wishes

sakumar79

Technomancer
I believe Airtel assigns one of its available IPs to you randomly. Therefore, it is possible that you may get the IP after some reboots, but there is no guarantee that you will get it after so many reboots...

Arun

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^
Yes.
Actually, every ISP has a pool of IP addresses. Every time a user connects, one of the IP address is randomly picked from that pool and assigned to you. That particular IP address will not be available for other users until you disconnect. Later, when another user connects, the same process is repeated for him. Thus, with every reboot, the IP address which was used by your modem is released back into the pool, and then the modem again requests one IP address from the pool.

red_devil

Back!
AFAIK the IP address get assigned to some other user... they dont get "diminished"... and what do you mean by expired IP address ??

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
^
Yes.
Actually, every ISP has a pool of IP addresses. Every time a user connects, one of the IP address is randomly picked from that pool and assigned to you. That particular IP address will not be available for other users until you disconnect. Later, when another user connects, the same process is repeated for him. Thus, with every reboot, the IP address which was used by your modem is released back into the pool, and then the modem again requests one IP address from the pool.
Ok thanks... Doubt cleared :)
AFAIK the IP address get assigned to some other user... they dont get "diminished"... and what do you mean by expired IP address ??
I meant to say "What happens to the IP Address after reboot" ;)

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Think its analogous to Seats(with IP address on the back) in a Bus u Travel(when u Connect Internet)...when ur seat become vacant/u get down the seat is assigned to some incoming user if other seats not available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom