DX10 on XP

Siddharthtech

Geekism RC1
Hey I downloaded DX10 for XP that copies some dlls into system32 folder from here DX10 for XP by KM software
The situation is that now I can see DX10 written when I write dxdiag, can I now play DX10 games on XP. I have an HD5670 card that supports DX11 too. Any thoughts about DX11 games on XP? :???: :neutral: :-(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It is a hack and not supported by M$. Dx10 is native to Vista and upwards only. You might face instability or bad game textures. Officially Dx10 is not for XP or less.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^
It is a hack and not supported by M$. Dx10 is native to Vista and upwards only. You might face instability or bad game textures. Officially Dx10 is not for XP or less.

yup its tweak to modify.....the letter from dx9 to dx10...who knows may b
we have a tweak for dx9 to dx11......
putting a mercedes benz logo on a maruti 800 :lol:

OP
Siddharthtech

Siddharthtech

Geekism RC1
So while using xp, DX10 games are out of question? But I don't like win7 as its too flashy! Please, there must be a way!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
So while using xp, DX10 games are out of question? But I don't like win7 as its too flashy! Please, there must be a way!

You can tone down the Win7 setting, so it quite closely resembles XP, and turn off Aero. See my desktop. Hardly looks flashy. Below is the thumbail, click on it to see the whole image.
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/4601/desktopgrq.th.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^too much of icons on desktop....even jpg,.txt files.....looks a bit messy...
but RS5,crysis warhead,BC2...u play mulple games @ a time :lol:

Top Bottom