DX10.1 to replace DX10 in Vista SP1 - and is not compatible with DX10 cards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
*www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6977/

There is a report that Microsoft is about to cause a major PR disaster by killing DX10 before it is even really born.

DX10.1 will add:
1. 32 bit floating point filtering becomes mandatory (was optional in DX10)
2. 4xAA is compulsory (previously was not mandated)

*www.theinquirer.net/?article=41577

Here's the thing. DX10 hardware - such as the GeForce 8800 or the Radeon 2900 - won't work with the new 10.1 features. The 0.1 revision requires completely new hardware for support, thus royally cheesing off many gamers who paid top whack for their new hardware over the last few months on the basis of future game compatibility.

dx10.1 is supposed to come with Vista sp1.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
News Source = The inquirer....wow, they are known for being the least credibal on the net :D

2nd, if a hardware can run DX 10.1 it can run all DX 10.0 games

3rd If a hardware cannot run DX10.1, then the game engine will fallback to DX10.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
*img439.imageshack.us/img439/2209/deprimetriste294230fr.gif
*www.j1897.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/scusa.gif

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Even just so recently i got XFX8600Gt. But frankly i am not disappointed.Because the thing is i considered it always a lower end card and since i knew that nVidia was releasing 9 series card that card was a temperory subs for me until i layed my hand on nvidia 9 Series card.
Frankly i dont understand what i going on the Gaming world.
For once i dont think MS will stick to the 10.1 for long time until new bugs comes up and then we will have another 10.2
The PC gaming market is so volatile.
I think if one can get Xbox 360 , then he can lay in peace atleast for a year.
One second thought on this.
Is Microsoft doing this to increase the sales of XBox 360 ?

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^This is what some of the sites are suggesting. But people have the option of PS3 too. So that kinda possibility is somewhat out of question.

But If this is something real then MS made the biggest mistake in their 32 years of history (1975-present:) ). This one is going to cost them big.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Wish only if game developers started using OpenGL. Its Open and hence no loss for us. I read somewhere that only upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 added new features. No need to add a new gfx card.
And here in windows, upgrading from DX10 to DX10.1 will create a crater in our pockets.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
@All dx10 card owners:

That's why you should wait before buying. Not even a single dx10 game has hit the market and people are already buying dx10 cards and even selling 2nd hand dx 10 cards!! OMG!!

Heh heh.... I have only a measly 7300GS :))

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Frankly i got DX10 card coz it was high time.I was already running Vista and then i felt somewhere games would be released.
More so it not even that.
Its just the impatience of laying hands on the latest that one burns hands sometimes.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
freshseasons said:
Even just so recently i got XFX8600Gt. But frankly i am not disappointed.Because the thing is i considered it always a lower end card and since i knew that nVidia was releasing 9 series card that card was a temperory subs for me until i layed my hand on nvidia 9 Series card.
Frankly i dont understand what i going on the Gaming world.
For once i dont think MS will stick to the 10.1 for long time until new bugs comes up and then we will have another 10.2
The PC gaming market is so volatile.
I think if one can get Xbox 360 , then he can lay in peace atleast for a year.
One second thought on this.
Is Microsoft doing this to increase the sales of XBox 360 ?

Somebody is contradicting his own statements.:D:D
I am really happy that my PC was delayed for 15 more days. Now I think my dad was right!! Patience is gooooood.
I'm lovin it.

sandeepk

Journeyman
As still there is no official statement from MS about such a issue, it can be concluded that what this news has speculated is ambiguous. But if these things really come true then it will be really bad for both the gamers and MS itself.

rajasekharan

Youngling
no official statement means , no such thing will be there...:), ASSURED

by the way i own 7600gt, so such a news hardly bothers me..:p .

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
dx 10.1 to be not compatible with old hardware is just basic funda.i'm waiting till jan for penryn proc. and dx10.1 to be a little cheaper.

also i think dx10.1 will last about a year or half a year more atleast.remember dx8.1 it lasted as long as dx9c(history repeats itself!) so maybe dx11.c will be the best option to upgrade:D

i'll get myself a 9600gt coz i need it only for the OS and a few sports titles like FIFA,PES,Cricket(which run on my extinct GF2mx400 too with 20fps):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom