Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Will the launc of direct x 10 cards reduce the prices of dx 9 cards?
and if i wait till the launch of dx10 cards, will the wait be worth it ?
that is will the prices of dx 9 cards reduce considerably?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Offcouse prices will gradually come down, not very abruptly.
I wouldn't advise you to buy a Dx 10 card before Feb/March, and incase you wanna buy from India, it would be best to wait till May-July 2007, if you can wait then it is worth it. Else buy something today and sell it a few months down the line/

shaunak

Tux Fan
Hope you are not waiting to buy a DX9 card after the launch of DX10. It would be simply a good waste of money.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
the launch on DX10 cards will only be in the high end....so I don't think the prices or mid range card will drop..much....

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
No there wont any low/medium level Dx10 card in early stage...2 DX10 card is gonna b launched which has been almost decisive-8800GTX which will cost arnd 30-35k(600$),& 8800GTS arnd 22-25k(450$)...those cards are MONSTERS.betta get a decent gpu rite now and then wait for the launch of medium level card or price drop of dez 2 cards.

Last edited:

aquamatrix

Journeyman
if you got cash then spend one a 6600 GT or 7300 GT, it would be advisable to get a dx10 card in may/ june as prices wud have stabilized by then. in india prices will be much higher for the 8800gtx and gts.

paul_007

Padawan
codename_romeo said:
wat wud be the price cut in DX 9 cards prices after dx10 cards get launched?

there wont b much decrease in prices ( at max it wud b 1000 to 1500 Rs) .....because once DX10 cards r launched , ppl woont immediately buy it....most ppl will go 4 DX9 based cards

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dx 10 cards' success depends on vista's success .... if vista rox then dx 10 cards will b available at an affordable price

assasin

Banned
If Microsoft decides to backport DX10 to Win XP then DX10 cards will have a gr8er chance to suceed.Cuz i dont think many ppl will shift to Vista after its released.It'll take sometime for the prices to drop here in India.Me too waitin 4 DX10 card cuz i'll be shifting to Vista once its officially out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom