DVI- HDMI help, DVI-VGA issues.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I have HD 4890, which came with a DVI-HDMI adapter, but sadly, it is not working. Can some one please forward me to a store which sells this adapter?

And I have another query. I am now using DVI-VGA converter connecting rig to my HDTV. But the problem is, the maximum resolution I am able to get is 1600x1200. While my TV is a Full HD thing. Is this a issue with the DVI-VGA adapter I am using?

thanks.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You tried the adapter on another set up. Also when using DVI-VGA are you making the relevant changes in CCC - HDTV section.

Ebay has the adapter you desire. Example.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The thing is, CCC is not even recognizing it as a HDTV. It is just detecting it as a CRT monitor. Same was with my previous display Viewsonic VG1930WM. But luckily, it's optimum resolution was listed in the available resolutions. Can you be specific about the settings i have to adjust,bro?

And,I am searching for an adapter rather than a whole wire. Because, Getting a HDMI cable at 300RS range is not good. Considering the amount of time it has to work. I have a good quality HDMI cable with me, all that i need is a converter which supports audio signals. I have found couple of adapters on ebay.in but none of them are audio compliant.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Under Desktop and displays right click on the monitor option at the bottom. And then choose configure. From there choose HDTV Support and check the resolution you want for your panel tv.

I think this one supports audio.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Tried that already.. still shows a maximum resolution of 1600x1200. And I don't know what is causing the HDTV to get detected as a Generic non PnP monitor!?

I tried updating drivers, downloading some other 32" Monitor drivers and applying it. Still, nothing happened. Tried a different cable, different DVI-VGA converter.. nothing worked.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
DVI-VGA connector doesn't support a resolution higher than that (1600x1200). I had read this recently but am unable to find the link now. Either use a direct DVI connection if the TV has one or use a DVI HDMI adapter.
and there is nothing wrong with Rs. 300 cables. They are all the same, just boasting about gold plating and platinum coating to increase the price, doesn't make any difference in the real world scenario

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Oh yeah, a bit of confusion. 1600x1200 is the max resolution if you are using a single link cable. Probably that is the cause of the problem, but it is unlikely coz single link cables are not so common

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I used the same cable with Nvidia Geforce 9400gt, it had no problems detecting the monitor and changing the resolution to 1920x1080 by itself. The only change was, i wasn't using any converters back then as 9400gt itself had a VGA port.

Top Bottom