DVD Writing takes time

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi,
I recently bought the LG DVD writer.I tried to write data DVD of about 1.7 GB for testing.I was successfully added the files and clicked burn.However it is taking long time,so I just cancelled the process and tried with just 700 MB and it has written successfully.I noticed that it first caches the file and then writes on to the DVD.

Is there any thing to do avoiding the file caching and write the DVD.

My PC config is as follows

AMD Athlon 64 3200+(939 socket)
Asrock combo-z motherboard
win XP SP2
512 MB DDR(333 Mhz) TwinMos
LG DVD Writer
160Gb hdd(SATA)
DMA enabled for the Device

Thanks
Guhan

q3_abhi

Youngling
Every time, all the files are being cached bfore writing ( be it a CD or DVD ).

Caching takes time when there are lots of files .

Try to write the same data with same writer on other computer.

hsksattish

Broken In
You cant disable caching completely. Actually it will ensure that your burning process will not fail halfway through. Exactly how much time does it take for you??? Please specify

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmmm......strange...my case is almost opposite...

i was amazed when i wrote 4.15Gb worth of movie files ( Lost Series ..first 12 episodes) on DVD with 6.0X writing speed using Roxio S/W and it burned the whole DVD in 10/12 mins!!!!

what amazed me was that a normal CD when burned at 32X ( 700 MB ) takes atleast 5-7 mins...then how come 4.15 GB in 10 mins!!

and yes i have checke the DVD on DVD player,its working fine !

try burning the disc again ...but before that do a disc defragmentation..it might help. Also which media brand are you using???

hsksattish

Broken In
Even the media brand will affect speeds. I hav noticed that while writing into cheaper cds, even though nero reports that it is writing at 40x or something it is actually writing much slower. (Writing at 40x takes same time as 24x.)
Maybe trouble maybe ur media or maybe some firewall running in the background that may slow down the caching process.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
In Sony DRU-810 A .....a 4.7 GB Full of Movie/Data File writing at 8.x speed takes 7-9 Minutes with 256 MB ram OS Win XP Pro.

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
Will Try the possibilities

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.will try the different possibilities mentione dby u all.
Will get u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom