dvd writing slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi23

Right off the assembly line
I used to have Lite-on IDE dvd writer and 2*1 GB DDR2 667Mhz Transcend RAM. The burning time for 4.3GB data using Copy2DVD was around 6-7 mins at 8x speed. Due one of my RAM not properly working, I only used Single 1GB RAM. Later I replaced Lite-on dvd writer with Samsung SH-S223 SATA dvd writer and still used Copy2DVD for burning dvds. The burning time was around 8-11 mins for 4GB-4.36GB at 8x. I though burning was slow due to only having 1GB instead of 2GB. I later upgraded my ram to 4GB (2*2GB) DDR2 800Mhz Transcend RAM. But the burning times were the same, around 8-11 mins for 4GB-4.36GB at 8x. Of course I can increase the speed to 12x and above to burn the dvds in less then 6 mins. But my question is, why the timings are same when burning DVD's of same data size using a SATA DVD writer with 1GB RAM and same SATA DVD writer with 4GB RAM? Plz help....thx
System Config:
Vista Ultimate 32bit OS
250GB Seagate SATA2 hard disk
Intel E6700 2.6Ghz
ASUS COMMANDO Motherboard
Leadtek 8800GTS 640MB Graphics Card
Zebronics 500Watts PSU. Non of them overclocked including RAM.

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Because the write speed doesn't depend on the RAM. To say it more clearly ,memory buffer in this case will take the same amount of RAM in both 1GB and 4GB. You will have to increase your write-speed to increase your speed of burning.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
It can also be if you've configured it wrong...I'll just repost this post with the exact setting...check and see later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom