DVD Writing problem !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
I dont really know what is the reason of this. I'm using Nero Burning Rom 6 right now.Everything was fine but when yesterday i was trying to write data DVD it refused to do so.
Actually most of you must have seen as soon as Nero starts writing a CD/DVD during the first few second the buffer is 100% and then it suddenly becomes 0% after 10 odd seconds it becomes normal and the writing starts.
In this case it is giving me an error that "No seek complete" and then a dialog box appears stating that burn process failed at 8x (11040 kb/sec).
What do you think the problem is ?

TIA
dirtydignity

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
This is what Nero said:
*www.nero.com/en/FAQs_Error_Messages.html#18
18. Why do I get a 'No seek complete' error message?

This error can be caused by the following:

* Old firmware on the recorder - Please contact the manufacturer of the recorder in order to get the latest firmware for your recorder. An old firmware can cause compatibility problems as well as burn failures. Firmware upgrades for your recorder are provided only by the manufacturer of your recorder. All firmware upgrades and support for upgrading your recorder’s firmware must be provided by either the recorder manufacturer or the OEM you purchased your recorder bundle from. We can not assist you in this, sorry.
For example if you have a Yamaha Recorder, you would go to the www.yamaha.com website in order to obtain the latest firmware for your recorder and instructions on how to upgrade your recorder’s firmware. Same goes for all other recorder manufacturers, such as Sony, Pioneer, LG, etc...
To determine what kind of recorder you have, assuming you do not know for sure, you can use our Nero Info Tool to obtain this information. To locate the Nero Info Tool, follow the steps below.
For Nero Burning ROM 6 or Nero Express 6 go to:
'Start -> All Programs -> Nero -> Nero Toolkit -> Nero InfoTool'
For Nero Burning Rom 5.5 or Nero Express 5.5 go to:
'Start -> All Programs -> Ahead Nero -> Nero Toolkit -> Nero InfoTool'
Once Nero Info Tool is launched, make sure your recorder is selected in the top left of the window. Use the drop-down box located there to select your recorder or any recorder. Once selected, it displays the manufacturer as well as the model of the recorder you have. Be sure to make a note of this. Also, once you have your recorder selected, you can click on the 'DRIVE' tab and in the top right of this window you will see the current firmware version (among other information) you have on your recorder. Compare this version with the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer of your recorder and upgrade if available.
Legal disclaimer:
"Nero AG is not liable for firmware updates as these updates are not offered by Nero AG. All updates are performed at one’s own risk. Nero AG will not be liable for the legality of the firmware."
* Poor media - Try more than one brand of media. For example: TDK, Verbatim, Imation, Yamaha, HP, etc.
* Poor IDE cable or incorrect cable - For higher end recorders these days if you use the 40pin cable you can have all sorts of unusual symptoms. It would be best to use an ATA-133 80 wire cable.
* Driver conflicts - If you have or had another CD recording software installed on your system, its drivers could be conflicting with our software. This is rare for this symptom, but it does occur. Uninstall any other recording software and make sure all its drivers have been removed with it. Then reinstall Nero and make sure to use the latest version we have posted on our website.
* Defective recorder - The optical head on your recorder may need cleaning or servicing. Or it's possible the circuit board on your recorder has an open coil or blown diode or resistor. Any of these could cause the error. Only solution would be to send the drive in for service to the recorder manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom