DVD writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
hi, after my experience of a samsung drive, I decided to dump it and buy a new DVD writer.
I wanted to buy Liteon, but shops around me only sell sony, samsung.
liteon and benQ are only avalible in Nehru Place, and its a long journey.(3hrs!)

so, should I buy sony? and which model.the last I seen was DRU 820A for around Rs 2200/-(boxed) 1900/- (unpacked)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
sony box packed = benq rebadged drive
sony oem drive = liteon rebadged drive ..

in today's time . go for lite on any day .. very good drives ..

spyingshadow

Broken In
I had bought my DVD Writer from Nehru Place at a shop called Computer Empire n guess what? It was a Lite-on albeit it was in October 04
I dont think it is unavailable, the problem is that they have no profit in selling Lite-on drives i dont know why tohugh. Still, whatever drive u buy, go to Computer Empire. Form inside sources of mine I hv come to know that the shop's investment circle runs in the whole NP n he earns most of his profit form that. Thus he is able to give better prices n reliable products. Buy from that shop!!

Odoj

Broken In
I do have Sony and LG.

Well, both performs exceptionally well but somehow, Sony's tray developed a glitch of getting jammed. So I have to push it to get the tray go inside the drive. Moreover, most of the times I have to select "eject" in order to get the tray outside. (a common problem I faced with Samsung)

I did not face any problem so far with LG. (But the tray seems to vibrate when ejected unlike sony which has a far smoother operation)

Go for Liteon. Almost all the PC mags did rate it High.

LiteOn > LG > Sony > Samsung

Kniwor

Learner
yogi7272 said:
sony box packed = benq rebadged drive
sony oem drive = liteon rebadged drive ..

in today's time . go for lite on any day .. very good drives ..

nonsense, there is nothing like that, it goes by model numbers, many of sony drives are rebadged.

Sony DW-Q30A = benQ 1640
DW-Q120A = Liteon SHW-160P6S
DW-G120A = liteon SHM-165P6S (+ DVD-RAM support)

no matter if they are boxed or OEM....

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi guys,
I am planning to buy an internal DVD writer positively in next 2-3 days.
I am currently planning to buy "LiteOn 165P6S".
Please tell me is it the right choice????? reply needed urgently...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
phenom 4th time in 4 differnt threads..... :) :p :)

R u gona post in each and every DVD writer related thread ???
(kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom