DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijeetj4u

Right off the assembly line
hiii
Which 1 is a better DVD Writer- The SONY DRU-830A or SONY DRU-120C. Is this best suited for me or should i go for another one. Please suggest me. And plz give me the detailed information about the writers including the price as well.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Maverick069

Broken In
Hi,

I can gladly reccomend the Sony DRU-830A. I have a 820A and it is working great and all media that I have used is compatible. Remember to buy boxed one. Yet to have a failed write job....!

Other brands would be NEC and Lite-On if u can find one.

You shoudl get it(830A) around 2300Rs boxed. Lite-On and NEC will be around 2500Rs. But not sure about availability.

Close your eyes and buy the Sony (boxed) + bill + warranty.

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
i am planning to buy dvd rw too :) how do u rate liteon?
and which is the best out of this
liteon 1900
lg 1800
samsung 1800
Asus Rs2400
Sony 1800
i am looking for best 1 under the price range of 1800 - 2500

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
naah not agian...might be my personal view...but many might support it...:D..who knwo abt DVD writers....

BENQ>>LITEON>>SONY

forever

filth is me
^^ totally agree with you brother , i just got a benq 1655 , u might wanna check out this review on cdrlabs.com :)

wizrulz said:
naah not agian...might be my personal view...but many might support it...:D..who knwo abt DVD writers....

BENQ>>LITEON>>SONY

Spot on .BenQ has been rated to be the best in most reviews. But Lite-On is equally good , if not better .
BenQ is a bit costlier . Lite-On-SHW-1635S ( ~ 2350) would be my pick .

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
and what about asus? it is around 2400!
i think all dvd rw r equally good except samsung and lg their cd dvd/rw r worst i am never going to spend my money on it.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
When all r same ...as u think....then picking best possible among the similar one's is clever thing to do ;)

int86

You'r Born Free
Avoid Asus, they have preference over better media.
Go for BenQ 1650, if available. Rest LiteOn

vikz

Broken In
As Maverick says "Close your eyes and buy the Sony", I haven't had a failed write job yet either

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well that depends on the media dude .. don't tell me ur drive can burn a 16x supporting DVDr , costing 8 bucks ...

Anyway .. i can recommend Liteon ..

Neo_Collin

Right off the assembly line
Dude !!! Buy a lite-on ... The sony comes next... I've been using sony since march... I write atleast 4-5 DVD's a week ... No probs till now..

Maverick069

Broken In
Even I would have bought a Lite-On but couldn't find the latest in stock. So went for a Sony, and had no problems till now. I use all kinds of media, from 10Rs local stuff to 25Rs Original Sony media. No problemo.

Last edited:

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
Benq was not available here in mumbai i searched each and every electronic shop in Lamington road. may be people don't like it and other majour problem is its service center which is in Banglore so i purchased Sony-DRU-830A-DVD
i think it is the best dvd rw available in town! that is what expert says :)
*www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Sony-DRU-830A-DVD-Burner-Review/Introduction.html

do u know guys one of my friend has benQ dvd rw (2month old ) but when i gave him Tod cd was giving read error but i coppied TOD file from same cd >>on sony dvd rw and it coppied each and every file without any error :)
i think it has great ability of reading scratch cd :)
fully paisa wasol
Price Rs2050 in lamington Road
DVD writing speed 18X thanx to new turbo speed technology
and it support almost all the dvd/cd format
except blue ray and hd dvd :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now can any body tell me what is the minimum price of any blank dvd? and which is the best blank dvd for writing media? at economical price!

ps: if u r in mumbai than do not purchase LiteOn or Benq as its service center is only in Banglore :(
*thakur.dheeraj.googlepages.com/sony.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom