DVD Writer or DVDCDRW Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I am going to replace my DVDCDRW Combo drive. Which one should I go for ? DVD Writer or Combo Drive. What is the price difference? Also How much a 512 MB DDR RAM costs. My system is AMD 2000+ Asus A7NVM motherboard 256 MB DDR RAM, AGP 4X slot, 40 GB HDD. If I add a graphics card like Geforce 5700 or Geforce 6200, will there be graphics improvement for the money I spend? I am not going to use it for heavy gaming. I just want graphics improvement on appications and some games like NFS UG2 etc. Also can i play upcoming games on low mid settings on these cards?.

rachitar

Journeyman
DVD COMBO will cost you 2300.
DVD Writer : Sony 4000
DVD Writer : Samsung 3200
512 MB RAM : About 3000
Well new graphics card will definitely be worth it for the games like NFS UG2 and the upcoming ones.
You can also try the ATI Raedon series

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The choice of DVD-Writer or Combo depends on whether you think you'll want to write large amounts of data. A DVD-writer (obviously) lets you store several GBs on one disc, but costs more. It's really upto you.

An FX5200/128MB card (64-bit version) costs about 2.2-2.4k and will let you play the latest games at low settings. The newer 6200 card is much faster and costs around 3.5k. These are metro prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom