DVD Writer not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviramgopal

Broken In
Hi all,
Recently when i opened My computer,I noticed my DVD writer drive was missing and XP showed only my Virtual drive.My DVD writer doesn't read any CD/DVD now and I'm really perplexed with this issue.The power to the DVD writer seems to be fine as i am able to open and close the tray by pressing the button.I goggled my problem and i was told to delete the upper and lower filter of a certain key( 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 ) and reboot.But i am not able to find the Upper or Lower filters of this key.I dont know much about the connections(wires,cables),so if anyone could tell me what wires should be connected to the writer,I will check them and let you know.there is a red cable connecting the drive and my HDD direct which then leads somewhere in the motherboard(sorry,I'm a complete noob at this).Please can anyone tell me what i should do to make my drive functional again
Thanks in advance

khmadhu

change is constant!!
try reinstalling drivers.. check device manager (my computer properties), if DVD driver shows '!' or '?'sign with yellow color. reinstall may ask xp CD.

and also try connecting DVD drive to another IDE/SATA port, and see if it detects..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom