DVD Writer: Can't Burn DVD but Can Burn CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello All,

I got a new LG DVD Writer yesterday. It burns CDs fine, but can't seem to write any DVD. It just freezes and I have to reboot my PC. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Virus.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, yes, I did. The PC just freezes and I gota reboot. I increased the cache to 100 from 30 and still I can't its driving me nuts.

johnthedevil

Broken In
If you are using Nero then try to use a different Burning Program and try it:
My recommendations : Ashampoo Free Burning Studio 6.75 ; CDBurner XP ; Free Burner;

Now also close all background tasks :i.e cut your net connection and shutdown firewall; antivirus; and every program in the System tray [near the clock] and also scheduled tasks too must be cut out and disable screensavers and monitor offing thru rightclick>properties>screensaver>power options while in desktop;
Defragement your hard drive and Check for errors and Bad sector scans

Now try to write the DVD and see : Wait for a few minutes as it might take a few minutes to cahce the data and see. . .

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok mate, thank you. I will try the softwares tonite and keep you posted.

PS: Got another strange problem. I can't download ANYTHING on my BSNL. Though torrents are lightening fast, the usual downloads (normal or using Download accelators) just don't start at all. And yeah, I checked the enable downloads and all that, no browser works for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom