DVD ROM Region Code Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

vakulkumarmore

Right off the assembly line
I have a DELL laptop which I bought in UK and it was all working fine until I changed the region code of the DVD in the setting to view some DVD'S in India. I got the DVD from US and I have to change the region code again.

Changing Region code: Device Manager ->DVD/CD ROM Drives-> Right click the DVD drive and the select the region code tab.

Unfortunately, I was not aware of the fact that the DVD Region Code can be changed only 5 times. Now, Iam in India(Region 5) and the region code is locked to UK Region(Region 2).

Though, My laptop is in warranty period..I can't send my DVD Rom all the way to UK just for replacing.

Any help/solution is greatly appreciated....

Regards,
Vakul.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
You find the make (brand) of the drive & the exact model no. go to their website, download a later firmware and update it. Your drive will again have 5 regions.

OP
V

vakulkumarmore

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for all the messages...but the problem I'm facing is even with all the softwares I downloaded the DVD drive can't detect any DVD's written on my friend's laptop.

The DVD +R/-Rw changes to CD-ROM as soon as I try to run it...and cant access it.

This is a very strange problem Iam facing....

Vakul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom