dvd playing in canon camcorder but pc shows 0 byte used and free

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dileepmourya

I have Canon DC210 and i had shoots some movie in Maxell DVD-R Double Sided. But whenever i am insert DVD in my DVD RW, it shows 0 byte free and 0 byte total size.
My camcorder play this dvd very well with audio.
Please tell me whats wrong with my Camcorder or DVD-R.:confused:

Waiting for reply

Thank
Dileep Kumar

kapsicum

spice it up
hi Dileep,
i think i know the solution coz i had same problem when i had borrowed my friends Canon Camcoder sometime back ...

dont worry its not a problem with your DVD RW drive nor with Camcoder :),
once finished with your recording/shooting you MUST Finalize the DVD in the Camcoder (which hardly takes few minutes) else it won't play on your DVD RW drive or DVD player and may show you 0 byte data on PC since it cant recognize the video format. ... Simple isnt it... ;) :-D

Steps to Finalize the DVD will be surely available in the Camcoder Manual

OP
D

dileepmourya

Hi to all,
thanks for resposence.

As i mention earlier that i had Maxell DVD-R Double Sided (Not DVD-RW).
But one thing i found in some fourms that this is the problem of DVD finalization.
So, Could you please tell me how to finalize the DVD-r using any software. Because DVD finalize option is not working in Camcoarder.

Hi to all,
thanks for resposence.

As i mention earlier that i had Maxell DVD-R Double Sided (Not DVD-RW).
But one thing i found in some fourms that this is the problem of DVD finalization.
So, Could you please tell me how to finalize the DVD-r using any software. Because DVD finalize option is not working in Camcoarder.

Last edited by a moderator:

kapsicum

spice it up
well first of all check the manual if the camcorder is compatible with Double sided DVD-R & if it is ... I m not sure but mostly you cannot finalize with any other software on PC, try to elaborate on why can't you Finalize the DVD on camcorder... & well try the following steps to Finalize...

plug the camcorder into the wall power socket... you can't finalize from the battery, then going to your 'view' mode; go to the menu; and select finalize (also ensure you have your DVD in correctly)​

aswin1

Journeyman
BTW I think canon DC210 supports Dual layer and not double sided DVD-R's.

*www.canon-europe.com/for_home/product_finder/camcorders/dvd_digital/dc-210/index.asp

OP
D

dileepmourya

Is there any other way to retrieve data from DVD-r?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom