DVD drive weird problem - LITE ON 20A1P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory

Right off the assembly line
LITE ON 20A1P DVD drive writes and verifies DVD's Data successfully using NERO, but to vain when reinserted to access DVD, drive shows the DVD as Coaster, of course I have up to 20 DVD Coasters like this, all burnt in this same LITE ON 20A1P DVD drive, sometimes burns to certain percentage like 23%, 11%, 8% and throws out DVD giving "Write Error" message, and to mention here, I even tried using Lens Cleaner and the result is same.

Also, firmware recently updated, media used in burning Sony DVD-R, Moser baer DVD-R, way back the same brands media was burnt successfully.

DVD Drive was bought an year ago, even writes and detects CD's successfully without any problems.

OP
M

Memory

Right off the assembly line
Oh! guys no one come across this type of problem, any suggestions if so.. like your DVD burner's lens would be the culprit.. or so on

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Hi
I have that drive for three years now, and it is the WORST DVD writer I've ever seen. I face the same problem as you. Besides, my writer does not recognise blank dual layer DVDs even after the successful firmware upgrade.

If you want to burn DVDs on that drive it IS POSSIBLE. Before you click the Burn button in Nero or ANY DVD writing software manually ramp the writing speed down to 4x and enable data verification. This is how I'm managing with my writer, so far so good.

Do let me know if this works for you.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
well pals... i am a user of the same dvd writer mentioned for 2years now....
no problems..
even i am an avid copier of data...

i think the lens is the culprit..
though i would suggest inform liteon too..
goto *www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=75
or
*www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=70
and send them a mail..

-SUDE

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well mine died exactly after a year of it's usage & exactly the time when it's warranty ended. It stopped reading any & every media. Didn't bother too much to get it fixed & bought a Samsung drive. This Lite-on model was perhaps the nosiest drive ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom