DVD drive problems

milind

Broken In
hi,

a few days ago i installed a 500 GB HDD and a 256 MB Graphics card and a 1 GB DDR 1 RAM.I did the formating myself and installed many softwares and then suddenly my DVD drive doesn't read any CDs and DVDs.i called up a technician and asked him what the problem was and he said that my motherboards battery was outdated so i had to replace it but still it did not work and now i cant play any games and i can't install any software from CDs.

please help me out :sad:

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Which is the DVD drive? Is it a samsung??
If yes, change to LG or Sony for about under 1.5K

Coz Samsung Drives are not too lasting.....:smile:
SAMSUNG

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hi,

a few days ago i installed a 500 GB HDD and a 256 MB Graphics card and a 1 GB DDR 1 RAM.I did the formating myself and installed many softwares and then suddenly my DVD drive doesn't read any CDs and DVDs.i called up a technician and asked him what the problem was and he said that my motherboards battery was outdated so i had to replace it but still it did not work and now i cant play any games and i can't install any software from CDs.

dats the dumbest thing about computers...lolz :rofl:

@milind: check the connections of DVD drive...cud be a lens problem...clean the lens with lens cleaner CD

Coz Samsung Drives are not too lasting.....:smile:
SAMSUNG

yup major problem is Tray not opening :x

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What is the relation between CMOS battery and DVD Drive?!!!

Did u try cleaning the lense? Try that and report.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This section is for PC configuration buying advice. Not for troubleshooting.

Thread moved to Hardware Q&A.

Neuron

Electronic.
Try reconnecting the SATA/IDE cable your DVD drive has.If the drive is a SATA one try connecting it to another slot.If this doesn't work then either repair it or get a new one.

Top Bottom