DVD Drive Ejection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellar

Journeyman
My DVD Rw(Smasung) drive ejects frequently.It needs a quite a lot pushing too to open the drive too. It makes a certain noise if it is goin to open but after a few toil then only it opens. Suggest opening automatically and hard to open the drive too.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
This problem is common with samsung drives.Give it to samsung if it's in warranty else you can't do anything.If you plan to buy a new one get sony or liteon drive.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
If it is not under warranty than take it to local service boy..they may charge around Rs. 50-100/- and will fix the problem.

Actually it is problem with ROM pin.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ravi_9793 said:
If it is not under warranty than take it to local service boy..they may charge around Rs. 50-100/- and will fix the problem.

Actually it is problem with ROM pin.

Just wondering! If it was so simple to be solved by a service boy, why the HW giant SS is not able to rectify it over all these years?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
They have made improvements in their newer octodrives roms.But still i dont trust samsung drives.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
janitha said:
Just wondering! If it was so simple to be solved by a service boy, why the HW giant SS is not able to rectify it over all these years?
I don't know why samsung is not able to solve it........ But it is solved easily by local service boys.Once my friend had same problem, we took it to a local service boy, he repaired it within 15 min and charged Rs. 50/-

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ravi_9793 said:
I don't know why samsung is not able to solve it........ But it is solved easily by local service boys.Once my friend had same problem, we took it to a local service boy, he repaired it within 15 min and charged Rs. 50/-

Hope such a boy will come to my rescue if needed since I committed the sin of buying a SH-203B one month back. (nothing else was available here then and this model had good reviews and so I took the plunge)

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
there is a tiny hole located on the front facade...insert a pin in it...then pushed it..it will forced the tray to come out a little then you can use your own hand to pull it out of its hiding place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom