DVD Burner - options

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I am planing to buy a DVD burner tomr ...

1) Can somebody quote the approx. price of following dvd burners (internal) :-

Sony
Liteon
BenQ

2) I plan to use one of these burners with external USB casing on my laptop. I hope this will work. Any suggestions?

3) Has anybody used External USB DVD burner? If yes please comment on result and approx. price of the same.

4) Can anybody suggest a shop on linking rd, mumbai where i can get these at the reasonable price? If not here, kindly pm me.

thanks and regards.

kato

Karthiksn
desertwind said:
The three will cost you about 2.7k to 2.9k.
What only 2.9k i thought i bought 6 months back for 3.9k man prices have gone down drastically and i went for sony its good but do check others bfore u buy

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kato said:
desertwind said:
The three will cost you about 2.7k to 2.9k.
What only 2.9k i thought i bought 6 months back for 3.9k man prices have gone down drastically and i went for sony its good but do check others bfore u buy

Same thing happened to me 3 months back. I bought Sony(810A) for nearly 4K from Rashi. It was boxed and the OEM was there with them for 3.5K. Also I think it was recently that the prices came down sharply.
Anyway enquire widely before you buy.

V.Prem Kumar

aksmohan

Broken In
senthilrek said:
Get a copy of Feb 2006 Digit and you will knowing every thing about DVD writers (including Prices)
Got my subscription copy but those are the MRP's i think.

Umm , is there anything wrong with getting an OEM ?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ax3 said:
& whot abt external thing ???

can v convert normal internal DVD riter 2 external 1 ???

Why not, since external cases for optical drives are avilable with USB and/or Firewire ports?

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom