DUST IN CABINET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm i do agree with wht EAZY said..
I had forgotten to tell this, even i use my vacuum cleaner at low folw while cleaning electronics..
Also i wear an anti static belt at my wrist while cleaning this devices..
though this belt is not reqiured..

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont understand this...
why its tedious to remove 2 srcew to side pannel...
n atleast clean the dust inside the cabinet with dry n clean cloth...
@g... devil
as u earlier said tht ur temperature of pc is much higher...
so u r making u cabi naked otherwise its not preferable to do so...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
yeah i know man,but i'll prefer a small drop in temp,and for that even if it requires a weekly clean i wont mind...
ntw, my PC resides on a clean area..no dust....no cleaning for atleast 1 month!!

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have got 2 fans tomorrow and connected it my PC the fanon the back draws the air out of the cabinet and another is on the side panel which sucks air inside. My cabinet has no place to add a fan in the front. I want to know that I had connected the fans in right way

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
if you are in a dusty env, then just keep the side cover open, the pc is going to get dusty anyway. By keeping open, atleast the temp will be kept low.

Also don't use powerful vacuums, they could blow away some delicate components

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
does cleaning reduce the temp by more thn 2 degress??
and installing 2 chasis fans better thn 1 or is 1 sufficient?
and is 40 degress temp ok for my AMD 3000+ 939pin?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
man...ru crying over 40degrees ????
here iam ... having coolermaster Ultra Vortes running on a server chasis, have 1 front intake fan,i side intake fan, i rear out fan ... and the idle temp is 54!!

((pheeew dropped 6 degrees by adding coolermaster vortex....))

and on load it goes o 67-69max....wheras before on stock cooling it was 78-80 .... !!!

Eazy

Journeyman
grinning_devil said:
man...ru crying over 40degrees ????
here iam ... having coolermaster Ultra Vortes running on a server chasis, have 1 front intake fan,i side intake fan, i rear out fan ... and the idle temp is 54!!and on load it goes o 67-69max....wheras before on stock cooling it was 78-80 .... !!!

Here... cry about this.... attached screenie of MotherBoardMonitor readings in my setup ..... these are idlings temps - I dont run Benchies or games so no LOAD temps but on 100% CPU usage temp goes max to 43C. No A/C and room temp is 31C.

My setup P4 2.4C @ 3.0 .... HSF = Zalman 7000CU .... case Antec P160 with 3 x 120mm fans.

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/561/snap21ta.th.jpg

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
iam not going to compare my temp with someone else ...atleast for the time being :))

iam happy with my current temp drop...and satidifed with silent operation!

Eazy

Journeyman
grinning_devil said:
iam not going to compare my temp with someone else ...atleast for the time being :))

iam happy with my current temp drop...and satidifed with silent operation!

Right answer !! :D

The reason I showed my temps was to show that with the right amount of airflow in the right direction and proper cable management it is possible to get decent temps. I use 2 Antec 120mm fans and one Vantec 120mm fan. These are by no means powerful fans with high CFMs - but by throwing air directly over the CPU with one 120mm fan the CPU temps are pretty low. Anyone can do this - its no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom