DUST IN CABINET

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASH_DSG

Hi friends,
I have a 80mm fan which suck air from outside through which dust also came in to my cabinet and fan also covered with dust can u help me how could I prevent dust to came inside my system

phatratt

In the zone
make sure u have atleast two fans for cooling one for intake and the other for exhaust.Also,don't place u'r PC in a dusty environment.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HOw do we know whether the applied fan is working as a cooler ie sucking air inside or exhaust ie throwing air outside...
n also where to place which fan.
i mean in front pannel which fan also in rear pannel which fan...
also a t side which fan shld be applied....

Tech&ME

Banned
@ASH_DSG

Better you remove the inlet fan completely from your PC CASE. It must be located in the front panel grid from inside the cabinet. (Below the harddisk).

Remember : Always use an inlet FAN only if you are working in an Air-conditioned room, otherwise you should never use it at all.

To clean the CASE anyway, use a blower (light speed) to blow off the dust.

cyrux

In the zone
Pardon me for m ignorance but can you explain why shouldnt there be a fan for inlet circulation of air without an AC ?? Most people dont have ACs so they work around with the fan quite conveniently

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually i agree with wht TECH & ME said...
working with an inlet fan in non ac can introduce hot air inside the cabinet..
thus increaing the temperature...
But on the other hand if the pC is placed near by a common ceilling fan, then tht will do
Actually inlet fan blows the air having room temperature, inside the cabinet..
IF ur room is hot then such fans r not prefered..
Instead blowing out fans hold good at such places..

Tech&ME

Banned
cyrux said:
Pardon me for m ignorance but can you explain why shouldnt there be a fan for inlet circulation of air without an AC ?? Most people dont have ACs so they work around with the fan quite conveniently

Hope you got your answer now.

This is one of the reason no one provides an inlet fan pre-fitted with a cabinet when you purchase them. However, some cabinet do come with a rear outlet fan already fitted on to it.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well cleaning your Case interiors with a domestic blower once in a week helps maintaning your PC and keeping it in good shape.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
cyrux said:
Once a week, thats too much work for me ... i dont do it even once in 6 months...lol
Take My words
Not cleaninng ur Pc in 15 days will definately reduce the life span of it..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
First of all keep your PC in a dust-free room. If your
PC is in the second room, don't open the second room's
Windows. Open only the first room's Windows. I think
the main problem in your case is that the room gets
lots of dust. Also clean the cabinet with a air-blower
atleast once in a month. Also make sure the room
is well-ventilated.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
how much time does it take to unwound two screws n lift out side pannel...
I dont think thts tedious job....

Eazy

Journeyman
::vicky:: said:
vaccum cleaner or air blower is also good

Vacuum cleaners with their fast air suction create a lot of static electricity which gets concentrated on the tip of the hose - take care not to let the the tip near any parts in the case sensitive to static electricity - an answer I came across was to wrap the tip of the hose with cardboard thus keeping the tip away from the chips and CPU and ram.

Also make sure the air flow does not make the fans inside the case spin wildly as they can get damaged when they are spun at very high speeds.

Just my Re 0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom