Dunno 'bt this, but anyone tried FlashGet Hack!! It Rocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
FlashGet Hack is a damn good hack(legal) for FlashGet which allows us to split the files downloaded by FlashGet into 30 simultaneous pieces, unlike the normal 10 pieces.
Of course, it does suck up all ur internet speed, so I recommend it only for high-spped users, atleast 256kbps/32kBps

My experience with it made me start a topic on it. I use FlashGet invariably, downloading 2-3 files simultaneously (which I found optimum) to get a total of about 24kBps. It is good for a 32kBps connection as we usually get 80% of the max speed. But when I used it for dldin a single file, it gave me upto a max 20kBps, which didn't come up to my taste.

Heard of FlashGet Hack, used it. Put a 30 simultaneous pieces per file, with max of 1 simulataneous job. The result was stupendous, I astonishingly got a speed of 32.63kBps on my 32kBps connection.

Earlier, I used to dl 70-75MB/hr. Now I was able to download 97MB/hr!!! on the 256kbps connection, taking full use of the speed; the only disadvantage being, I can't surf at the same time, as the load is sucked up by FlashGet.

Any +256kbps user who uses it & FlashGet, I guarantee, will not feel dejected.

rohanbee

Padawan
Seems very interesting. Also checked out their website. One question though: Are there any adwares bundled with it? Dont want my computer to be laden with them again.
All these Freeware programes generally have a catch!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hi!

I personally suggest u stop using flashget. Its spyware (cydoor). Use Free Download Manager instead. Its free and has ALL the features of flashget, even more! (Bandwidth throtteling n stuff). And no need for the hack too. The options are VERY customizable.

Check it out at: *www.freedownloadmanager.org

Kalpik

S

sunnydiv

i would rather like a quick n easy download manageer

but with option to set anonymous proxy for each split part, thats the only way split parts can give good

mario_pant

In the zone
MassDownloader Rocks... it never messes up on saving the HUGE files correctly which is common for DAP and Flashget..... it happens so often with these that when u try to execute that file after alkl the wait.... it says that it is corrupted.............lol.......

Gaurav

In the zone
No No No No no no :twisted: FLASHGET is the best 8). Only the freeware version of it has spyware which displays continuous advertisements.

During installation of the flashget choose the shareware version, purchase the registration code and register the software. That's it and now watch the downloading speed of your connection.

EAST YO WEST FLASHGET IS THE BEST :) :) :) :) :)

G

gxsaurav

Just started downloading DAP 7.4, rocks, a lot beter then DAP5 & now atlast I can upload files on a ftp servr from via DAP, what say, flashget sux

Although the Media centre part of DAP 7 sux so I removed it by remove the dlls

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
flashget is compatible with many sites too.. as far as i saw, they ask for dldin using flashget. also FreeDownloadManager is erratic 4 me... it unnecessarily involves into everythin i do.. without me sayin so...

I just luv my FlashGet.. I prefer it over DAP itself!!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
see what happened to this chap after he used flashget hack

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21611

dont go for the hack .... it is buggy.

supersaiyan

In the zone
well i have tried dap and it sux very, extremely , terribly badly. flashget rocks man. i have downloaded over 2gb of stuff with flashget. and that save glitch. if u notice that when thefile is completed but flashget is not closing the connection or taking time , pause the download and then resume again. to remove the spyware run spybot. it will detect cydoor and remove the registry entries and the other adware stuff. once again- flashget rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom