Dual SIM holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
Guys as you know there are dual sim card holders to use 2 sim card in one mobile.But i wanted to know whether they actually work and the procedure to use them.

Does anyone here have any experience of those SIM holders?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I hv seen it in the Nokia N95, i gues, but then u can use only one SIM at one time bro, if im not mistaken, and they do hv slots to hold 2 sim cards.

Cheers n e-peace....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I am sorry, i dont knw tat , but i think there is a s/ware wich might help u to do tat, or better, u will hv to put the 2nd sim in place of the 1st sim and this will help change ur n/w...

Cheers n e-peace....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i dunno abt any software. but these were in the market sometime back. you had to switch off the phone and then on to get to the ohter network. i dunno how its implemented in n95 tho.

also, the dual sim holder when used in most phones (if its supported as a separate accessory) tends to stick out. as a result the battery doesn't fit properly and hence the battery cover. i dunno how improved are they today.

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
I heard about some digital SIM holders which enables us to switch between networks by using menu(some kinda app i think).Any idea where to get this in b'lore?

I saw this while browsing through eBay:
eBay India: Use 10 GSM Sim Cards in 1 Phone (item 270154800069 end time 20-Aug-2007 14:45:49 IST)

And this Video:
YouTube - Dual SIM card instruction

Last edited:

shashank4u

Youngling
shashank_re said:
Guys as you know there are dual sim card holders to use 2 sim card in one mobile.But i wanted to know whether they actually work and the procedure to use them.

Does anyone here have any experience of those SIM holders?

Everything is automatic ..you just need to push one button to shift networks and activate the sim you want...

hailgautam

Youngling
I heard some time back that there are phones from Spice available in the market that natively support 2 sim cards. any info on that?

Pathik

Google Bot
yup... there are some crappy dual sim fones shown in dna sometimes... but anyways only one sim can be active at a time and u ll need to restart to change the active sim neways..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ No problem at all, as these phonse are designed to handle 2 SIMs easily.. else they wudnt hv introduced this feature..

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
Help me guys.Iam unable to find this one anywhere in b'lore!
I wanted the one with which i can switch the networks without switching off the mobile.
Can anyone of you guys please point me to any web link which is selling this online and SHIPS TO INDIA..........
I couldnt find any site that ships to india,i even tried ebay.in.
Please help me guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom