Dual Sim (CDMA/+GSM) Android 4x phone

dshirvaikar

Broken In
1. Budget 10K, maybe slightly more, certainly not more than 15K
2. Display type and size - at least 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip - Anything is ok
4. Preferred choice of brand - Nothing specific, can also look at Indian brands (Micromax, Lava, Xolo etc)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) - Anything is ok
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera - Nothing specific, not
really looking for a high-quality camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc) - Strictly Android (4x - ICS and above)
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - Wi-fi, 3G preferred but not mandatory
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Nothing specific
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Calls, Internet, maybe Email
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - Lenovo A600E (bundled with Reliance CDMA)
12. Any other info that you want to share - This should support a CDMA+GSM dual sim option. Currently I am with Tata
Indicom CDMA, but plan to move to Reliance purely because of a lack of handset options with Indicom.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can look for the Micromax Canvas Blaze but CDMA will only work on the MTS network. any operator GSM sim can be used.

sksundram

In the zone
@op that lenovo cell that you mentioned is not vfm (too low on specs, outdated os, cheap build). Unfortunately, there is not even a single operator free cdma android phone which can be termed as "good". I would suggest you to buy a gsm only or gsm+gsm android phone and keep your cdma phone as well. Don't just waste your money.

Last edited:
OP
D

dshirvaikar

Broken In
After seeing the responses here as well as doing some market research, I fully agree with the views expressed reg. CDMA service/handset. CDMA may be the best mobile technology as accepted globally but somehow we Indians are too smart for our own good to recognize that. The result is that this (CDMA) is a dying thing in India.
So after giving it some thought, I have abandoned the idea of looking for a CDMA+GSM device and instead get a modest 5-7K range tablet from Micromax/Karbonn for my browsing needs.

Am seriously considering Micromax Funbook P255. Let me know your views guys....

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
After seeing the responses here as well as doing some market research, I fully agree with the views expressed reg. CDMA service/handset. CDMA may be the best mobile technology as accepted globally but somehow we Indians are too smart for our own good to recognize that. The result is that this (CDMA) is a dying thing in India.
So after giving it some thought, I have abandoned the idea of looking for a CDMA+GSM device and instead get a modest 5-7K range tablet from Micromax/Karbonn for my browsing needs.

Am seriously considering Micromax Funbook P255. Let me know your views guys....

Get nexus 7 (2012) instead. Google Nexus 7 2012 Tablet Price in India - Buy Google Nexus 7 2012 Tablet 16 GB (Actual Formatted Capacity will be Less) Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom