Dual SIM Android, budget uncertain

mitraark

Decrepit
Sorry for the confusing title.

I recently bought the Xperia Z Ultra, I didn't mean to use it as a phone, I use my alternate CUG SIM withit , I had Nokia 108 for calling, on my old primary SIM. But unfortunately Nokia 108 has limited SMS capacity, and I'm losing track of important SMSs. Also, Gmail and stuff.

Anyway, I decided that it'd be better to get a Dual SIM phone so that I may use both SIM s. But since I already spent a considerable amount on Z Ultra recently, I am thinking of going for a cheap phone now.

My first choice is Micromax Yu Yureka. I never thought I'd buy Micromax, I'm a long term user kind of guy, micromax is plagued with hardware issues. But Yureka deal seems too good to miss out.

Or should I stretch my budget for something like HTC Desire 826 Dual? Hows Xperia C3, anyone has first hand experience of it?

Edit for questionnaire.
1. Budget?

Preferably around 10-12k.
Wouldn't mind spending 20-25k is something as VFM as OnePlus One crops up.

2. Display type and size?

5" or above. But

3. Dual Sim?

Must be Dual SIM

4. Preferred choice of brand?

I really like Sony, but I am looking for a low budget phone unless something really good is available.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Decent camera would be nice, not a priority in any way though.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android only.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

4G not needed.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Browsing net,Watching HD Movies, gaming.. unlikely.

9. Any specific mobile ?

Micromax Yu Yureka

10. Any other info that you want to share

Please also give a reason for your suggestion.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yureka is good enough. Desire 820/826 seems good too but higher priced. If you want, you can check out Moto G (2014), though it is underpowered as far as the price is concerned. Won't recommend Xperia C3 as its way overpriced.

$hadow

Geek in making
GO for either moto g 2014 or Yureka. Check out the review yourself though yureka has a upper hand in hardware department.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
I didn't even mention Moto G 2014 because.. I really didnt like it's looks. Sole reason. If those specs came in HTC 616, I'd have considered.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
why not consider the Lumia 730 as well
its dual sim,has great battery life and camera and youll have a change with windows phone instead of lugging around 2 androids
its approx the same price as Moto G2 and specs are similar except for the superior camera in 730
if you dont want a superior camera and want to spend as little as possible,Lumia 535 is also worth considering

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Isn't dual sim is rite. Btw is one plus dual sim??

>>> is also rite. It's much bigger than s4.

I'm not sure of the service of those xiaomis & one plus.

I meant if somebody has a budget of 20-22k for a single sim phone, he should get Oneplus One instead of samdung s4.
>>> means its much better than S4, I didn't intend >>> to mean bigger.

Atleast they have VFM devices unlike samdung, so the A.S.S. is allowed to take a hit.

the.one

In the zone
I meant if somebody has a budget of 20-22k for a single sim phone, he should get Oneplus One instead of samdung s4.
>>> means its much better than S4, I didn't intend >>> to mean bigger.

Atleast they have VFM devices unlike samdung, so the A.S.S. is allowed to take a hit.

U dint intend, but it is >>> bigger.

And how is it VFM when u say its A.S.S is bad and u still have to pay 22k vs 18k for S4.

How can u also say its much better than S4?
S4 has inferior chipset vs no A.S.S for that 1+2=3. Its upto the buyer to decide whats more important.

Also heard u need invitation from president of some country to buy that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

And how is it VFM when u say its A.S.S is bad and u still have to pay 22k vs 18k for S4.

S4 has inferior chipset vs no A.S.S for that 1+2=3. Its upto the buyer to decide whats more important.

There is a list of service centres on Oneplus' website, not saying A.S.S is non-existent. The company just started selling phones in India 2-3 months back. Nobody should expect them to put up service centres in each and every city. Oneplus One has better SoC, more ram, better camera, more storage, much much much better stock rom (CM11). Even the 16 GB version with no microsd card slot is VFM compared to S4.

Invites are available quite easily. No president needs to be bothered.

the.one

In the zone
There is a list of service centres on Oneplus' website, not saying A.S.S is non-existent. The company just started selling phones in India 2-3 months back. Nobody should expect them to put up service centres in each and every city. Oneplus One has better SoC, more ram, better camera, more storage, much much much better stock rom (CM11). Even the 16 GB version with no microsd card slot is VFM compared to S4.

Invites are available quite easily. No president needs to be bothered.

Better camera? Sure??

It may be better for a person looking for hardcore gaming device.

S4 should still be worth looking at, as a compact package for average users.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Better camera? Sure??

It may be better for a person looking for hardcore gaming device.

S4 should still be worth looking at, as a compact package for average users.
Average user who isn't into hardcore gaming should buy Moto G (2014), Redmi 1s, Lenovo A6000, Zenphone 5 or Yu Yureka instead. There is no need to spend anything over 13k for that person and that too for samdung.

Last edited:

the.one

In the zone
Average user who isn't into hardcore gaming should buy Moto G (2014), Redmi 1s, Lenovo A6000, Zenphone 5 or Yu Yureka instead. There is no need to spend anything over 13k for that person and that too for samdung.

But that extra over 13k is justified when u can get a better display, cam, chipset, ram, battery and after-sales with S4.

Ur motu g and 1+1 free don't offer that. In short ur calling names like Samdung in no way proves ur point. Stop talkin like a kid.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Again back to where we started. -_-

Yureka @9k is better and more VFM than S4 @18k. S4 will not get anything after lollipop which will have crapwiz on top officially.
SD615 of Yureka, being 64 bit, will benefit from lollipop. Plus the stock rom is much better than that on S4. As far as A.S.S. is concerned, they have promised door-to-door service. Camera is best under 15k androids.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

samsung's spread out service centres in India are still worthless
i agree with [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]
the staff are rude and try cheating you most of the times to pay up under warranty etc
One Plus One also has better quality components and build than samsung
also repairing a samsung phone often means scratches on the device and a big bill

- - - Updated - - -

But that extra over 13k is justified when u can get a better display, cam, chipset, ram, battery and after-sales with S4.

Ur motu g and 1+1 free don't offer that. In short ur calling names like Samdung in no way proves ur point. Stop talkin like a kid.

samsung display,camera are majorly oversaturated and have unnatural colours
chipset and cpu-exynos is really a PITA ,snapdragon on One Plus One is much better

the.one

In the zone
samsung's spread out service centres in India are still worthless
i agree with [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]
the staff are rude and try cheating you most of the times to pay up under warranty etc
One Plus One also has better quality components and build than samsung
also repairing a samsung phone often means scratches on the device and a big bill

- - - Updated - - -

samsung display,camera are majorly oversaturated and have unnatural colours
chipset and cpu-exynos is really a PITA ,snapdragon on One Plus One is much better

The things u say here about ur service center experiences maybe one-off. Some executive at ur city may have behaved rude, can't be generalized into saying bad everywhere.

The oversaturated & unnatural thing is also merely subjective, lots of reviewers claim the same display to be excellent, some may say otherwise. (Display settings should be tweakable to fix that, unsure).

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo available for 12.5k

Display
4.80-inch
Processor
1.2GHz
Front Camera
1.9-megapixel
Resolution
720x1280 pixels
RAM
1.5GB
OS
Android 4.3
Storage
16GB
Rear Camera
8-megapixel
Battery capacity
2100mAh

But didn't consider it, old model, Samesung design.. hardware looks decent though.

Top Bottom