Dual sim 4G phone ~25k

azvnoit

Journeyman
1. Budget? ~25k

2. Display type and size? preferably ~5", 1080p resolution or higher.

3. Dual sim? Yes, dual sim is must.

4. Preferred choice of brand? Sony, Moto, XiaoMi

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Best camera for the price.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Primarily, Call/Messaging and internet usage. Secondary, gaming, camera, music.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? For the price Mi5, OnePlus 3 and Galaxy A7 are being suggested, also Moto G4.

10. Any other info that you want to share. I had LG G4 Dual sim, replaced battery after 4months. Now faulty motherboard has rendered the device dead. Service centers have turned me down saying motherboard is not available and customer care keeps transferring my calls.

I would like a flag-ship caliber replacement, but not willing to spend much. Expandable memory is also a must, removable battery would be appreciated.
I wouldn't prefer Samsung, LG, Asus, had not so good experience with all three. Devices with common problems (like LG G4) are also not preferred. I will be purchasing around August so upcoming devices are also welcomed. Finally, I would like to have the device at least for a year without hassles, so a future proof device is expected. Thanks.

Your LG G4 is still under warranty, I assume. If so threaten the service centre guys that you will go to consumer court... Go to consumer court, if neccessary... I didn't expect such service from LG

2 of my friends have LG G4 & it works fine for them (They just complain about poor battery life but removable battery life is a boon for them with the cradle)

Anyways you can consider Xiaomi Mi5 for a compact device. But it has no expandable storage (32GB should be enough) & its camera might not be as good as G4.

You can also check Oneplus 3, which seems like a good allrounder except for the size maybe, if its a issue

Another good cheap option is Lenovo Vibe X3 (20k). Its a bit hard to find in stock though

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would like a flag-ship caliber replacement, but not willing to spend much. Expandable memory is also a must, removable battery would be appreciated.
I wouldn't prefer Samsung, LG, Asus, had not so good experience with all three. Devices with common problems (like LG G4) are also not preferred. I will be purchasing around August so upcoming devices are also welcomed. Finally, I would like to have the device at least for a year without hassles, so a future proof device is expected. Thanks.

Regarding LG go to their facebook page post your problem.That may solve your issue.

Regarding Phone both Mi5 and OP3 are good.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Anyways you can consider Xiaomi Mi5 for a compact device. But it has no expandable storage (32GB should be enough) & its camera might not be as good as G4.

Wow!! Didnt know G4 had a better camera than Mi5. Well in most of the YouTube channels like geekyranjit, C4ETech & so on the conclusion was OP3 camera is as good as Mi5 maybe a little better. By that logic then G4 camera is better than OP3 too, right? Also I read a camera comparison in digit & folks at digit concluded that Le2 has a better camera than G4 & camera in Honor 5C is as good as G4. Do you have any reviews or articles where it has been mentioned that G4 camera is better than Mi5?

OP
A

azvnoit

Journeyman
Your LG G4 is still under warranty, I assume. If so threaten the service centre guys that you will go to consumer court... Go to consumer court, if neccessary... I didn't expect such service from LG

Funny thing is 4months back i went to the service center and got the battery replaced and this time the same service center is saying that they don't service mobile phones. Tried calling customer for past 4days and they kept putting me on hold for 20-30mins or kept transferring my calls. After bit of threatening finally the service center agreed to repair my phone, today when I went they pretended like they don't know anything as if they are talking to me for first time. Anyways, they will contact me next week regarding the repair/replacement status.

Wow!! Didnt know G4 had a better camera than Mi5. Well in most of the YouTube channels like geekyranjit, C4ETech & so on the conclusion was OP3 camera is as good as Mi5 maybe a little better. By that logic then G4 camera is better than OP3 too, right? Also I read a camera comparison in digit & folks at digit concluded that Le2 has a better camera than G4 & camera in Honor 5C is as good as G4. Do you have any reviews or articles where it has been mentioned that G4 camera is better than Mi5?

G4 has better camera as a whole if not the best hardware. G4 has manual still photography mode which allows user to adjust to get best results. The hardware in OP3 and Mi5 is same I guess, same lens and sensor, difference could be in the software. Only thing that puts G4 ahead is in my opinion the fast laser auto-focus and the camera app.

If my G4 isn't replaced/repaired, next best option seems to be Mi5 or OP3. Thanks.

ssb1551

Technomancer
G4 has better camera as a whole if not the best hardware. G4 has manual still photography mode which allows user to adjust to get best results. The hardware in OP3 and Mi5 is same I guess, same lens and sensor, difference could be in the software. Only thing that puts G4 ahead is in my opinion the fast laser auto-focus and the camera app.

If my G4 isn't replaced/repaired, next best option seems to be Mi5 or OP3. Thanks.

Yeah I get what you are trying to say. I mean do you have any reviews or articles where you have read that or maybe someone on YouTube has carried out the comparison. Because so far digit is of the opinion that Le2 camera is better than G4 - again camera as a whole. And there are many channels in youtube where it has been proven than Le 2 camera is nowhere near the quality as in Mi5 so forget about OP3 which is slightly better than Mi5. So by logic G4 camera - on the whole - doesn't even come anywhere close to Mi5 or OP3. Just wondering for some source.

OP
A

azvnoit

Journeyman
Update: Finally got my LG G4 fixed today. The service center didn't inform regarding the status last week while their number was always busy throughout the week. Customer care kept asking me to contact the same service center. Ultimately, this morning went and got my phone fixed. The service center provides 3months warranty on replaced products but they refused to provide warranty to me, they also refused to provide any receipt of service, only a service id was given.

Top Bottom