Dual channel ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kewlguy

Hi! Guys.i've just joined this forum.

I wanted to know if i'll need 2 ram modules of the same type to set up dual channel ram or will 2 different modules will work?

shantanu

Technomancer
^ assasin is right !!! dual channel memory gives you double benefit, with double bandwidth and 128 bits rather than 64 bits.. and it should be same chipset and speed...

shashank4u

Youngling
search for it a thread is present already..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51048&highlight=sridatta
all questions are answered.

assasin

Banned
Thnx to all u guys.u hav helped me clear my doubt.

Edit: Undeleted by FatBeing

Last edited by a moderator:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
'Intel 975 chipset based mob can run 2 different RAM modules in dual channel' ......is this right guys??

bump

bump

Last edited:
thankyou FatBeing, for your role in uncovering that fatal fault made by asassin which led to his being banned and coolguy being deleted. I think this thread and utsav's complaint thread must be mentioned in the Bazaar FAQ as to what might happen sometimes, and also to hilight the importance of using once brain properly when dealing with money.

When this issue gets glosed, I would like to write an article describing the entire series of events and a warning to all other users about such a thing happening to them.(that means that I have reserved my slot here)

I hope digit features this incident in the mag.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
The_Devil_Himself said:
thread reported for closure(not deletion but I guess this thread better be locked,locked forever:p).
abe to main tere ko tease karunga for reportin threads!!

mut yeah mods lock this thread but dont delete it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom