Dual Channel Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
what is ur config???

Dual-channel architecture DDR/DDR2 SDRAM describes a motherboard technology that effectively doubles data throughput from RAM to the memory controller.
In order to achieve this, the DDR/DDR2 SDRAM memory modules must be installed into matching banks, which are usually color coded on the motherboard. It is not required that identical modules are used, but it is often recommended. One module of 512MB RAM could be installed in bank one and a 1GB module could be installed in bank two. Modules rated at different speeds can be run in dual channel, although the motherboard will then run all memory modules at the speed of the slowest module.

shantanu

Technomancer
I am sorry to say but color coding of these mobos are different means you have to put the dimms on first and second different colored slots..
and dual channel only doubles the bandwidth and bit rate thats is 128 bit and approx double your transfer bandwidth like if 3000 then 6000 approx.

and you have to have a same module means if transcend 3-3-3-4
then both should be same chipset should also be same ...
its written in manuals provide with
asus
msi
gigabyte
intel

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
shantanu_webmaster said:
I am sorry to say but color coding of these mobos are different means you have to put the dimms on first and second different colored slots..
and dual channel only doubles the bandwidth and bit rate thats is 128 bit and approx double your transfer bandwidth like if 3000 then 6000 approx.

and you have to have a same module means if transcend 3-3-3-4
then both should be same chipset should also be same ...
its written in manuals provide with
asus
msi
gigabyte
intel

Modules rated at different speeds can be run in dual channel, although the motherboard will then run all memory modules at the speed of the slowest module.

Some motherboards however have compatibility issues with certain brands or models of modules when attempting to use them in dual channel mode. For this reason it is generally advised to use identical pairs of memory modules.Several motherboard manufacturers only support configurations where a "matched pair" of modules are used.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah and all leading i used did so ,, sorry if i am incorrect but the answer should be the common which can be applied ,, so i said so.. but using different speed modules causes system instability that i myself have faced just coz of that.. nothing bad in mind.. sorry if you felt me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom