dual boot windows and linux on lenovo y500

23nigam

Right off the assembly line
Its been a year and i have been loving my lenovo y500.

Now i have to install ubuntu on it but when i searched the interent with "installing ubuntu in lenovo y500",i saw a lot of users complaining and the installation methods were also quite complex.

Its necessary for me to use linux so i need your help in installing it.

sohan_92

In the zone
You can follow step by step installation procedure given on official Ubuntu site.

Ubuntu Installation 12.04 LTS

P.S-I recommend to go for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

nikufellow

In the zone
its not complex just make sure you watch a few videos on manual partitioning or read about it if you haven't installed any linux distros earlier and after installation if you run into any efi/uefi related troubles run boot repair (Google it - boot repair ubuntu)

jacksonbird03

Right off the assembly line
Hey first you will download the linux on your system and than you will get the option to download the additional drivers according to your requirement.

One doubt: Will there be heating issues in laptop running Ubuntu as my uncle's Dell Vostro gets heated a lot(runs at 75C+ always) in Ubuntu 11 ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
One doubt: Will there be heating issues in laptop running Ubuntu as my uncle's Dell Vostro gets heated a lot(runs at 75C+ always) in Ubuntu 11 ?

depends on the gpu drivers. even in windows if you dont have drivers for gpu(if any) ,,your pc will be too hot.

Top Bottom