Dual Boot from External USB Drive in Toshiba Satellite M200

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunforum

Right off the assembly line
Hi Experts,
I have a Toshiba Satellite M200 with Windows Vista Home preinstalled on it. I wish to install an additional Windows XP on my external 80GB hard disk and wish to boot from it.
For the same, I changed first boot priority in Bios to USB IDE and made my local hard disk as second option. Then I started installation from Windows XP bootable CD on my external disk. During my way of installation, when the setup rebooted for the first time, it shows continuous BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and is not proceeding with further installation.
Now I unplugged my external HDD and realised that My Vista is also not coming up due to Boot Sector Corruption. Then I repaired Boot Sector using Toshiba Recovery Disk and got Vista up again.Currently i am there only from where I started :(
Can anyone suggest some suitable way to do the same so that I can have a seperate OS configured in external HDD without messing up with my current Vista. Or in worst case, i can also remove Vista and install two XP's (one on local disk and one on external) but that would be my last preferred way.
Experts !!! waiting for your advice ...

OP
V

varunforum

Right off the assembly line
Hey Experts!!!
Where are you guys....Not even a single reply till now... Can anybody hear me...hello ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom