Drives Not Opening... Help Required....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughGuy

Broken In
Hi friends... there was a virus in my system which has placed a Copy.exe file and a Autorun.inf file in each drive of my system which changed the default double click for drive to Autoplay. I have removed the virus with Nortan and still when i double click on the drive its showing the error that Copy.exe is not available and so i need 2 right click on it and select Open.... Can any one tell me how 2 get Open as my default option....

Thanks In Advance...

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
In windows explorer
1. Go to "Tools-->Folder Options"
2. Select the "File Types" tab
3. Select the file type of "Folder".
4. Click on "Advanced"
5. Under the "Actions" select "Open"
6. Click on "Set Default"
7. Click OK

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I too had similar problem after removing virus with Norton... So I installed CA Anti virus.. n wat it did is.. It just deleted the file autorun.inf n problem solved...

I think even if we format the drive with FAT32 (Quick) the problem is unsolved.. So if u want to format then dont quick format ..

Pragadheesh

In the zone
even 'm having d same prob.... on right clicking a drive , d 1st option s autoplay then search after which there s open....
I tried deleting d autorun.inf file... but still in vain..
when ever i go back to My computer a new auto run.inf file gets created... also there s another file IISDLL.dll.vbs file.... haven't noticed this b4...
also tried,
folder options-->file types tab--> folders -->advanced n set open as the default action... even then d prob persists... :cry: help me in solving this prob....

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Ye.. just delete autorun.inf files as vimal said..
if you cant find them.. go to folder options and uncheck.. hide system files and folders option in view..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom