Drivers for Ubuntu--Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayavardhanarao

Broken In
Hello all, i am planning to use Ubuntu 9.04 as my OS which is to be released in next 5 days. But my problem is that where i can find my mother board drivers for Ubuntu. My mother board is Biostar(intel G31 chipset based) i searched in the biostar website but there is no drivers for linux. Where my drivers will be available? and also how to install any software in ubuntu?
Reply me soon bye

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hello all, i am planning to use Ubuntu 9.04 as my OS which is to be released in next 5 days. But my problem is that where i can find my mother board drivers for Ubuntu. My mother board is Biostar(intel G31 chipset based) i searched in the biostar website but there is no drivers for linux. Where my drivers will be available? and also how to install any software in ubuntu?
Reply me soon bye
The only driver you'd need are the graphics drivers (if you are using onboard gfx, which can be downloaded from Intel's site, I guess). All other devices are handled by built-in drivers afaik.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No need to hunt for motherboard drivers since there is no need for them. Also even if you search, you are bound to get no results.

Only download drivers for your onboard graphic chip from Intel's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom