DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
I’m having a weird problem with my PC. I’ve recently upgraded my PC to P IV 2.8 GHz (HT) with Intel D865GBF Motherboard and 256 MB DDR RAM (400 MHz FSB). My Os is Windows XP Professional with SP2.
My problem is, sometimes, when I start the machine, instead of booting a blue error screen appears which says –

“A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you are watching this screen restart your machine. If the problem persists uninstall any new hardware or software that you have installed.

Technical Information-

***STOP: 0x000000D1(0x7C844BF5,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x7C844BF5)

If this does not fix the problem contact your Administrator.�

This doesn’t only happen at startups; sometimes when I’m working suddenly the machine restarts and the same screen appears.
Some of the softwares that I use are System Mechanic, Zone Alarm, SpyBot Tea Timer, EZ Antivirus, Hare, Tweak XP, Free RAM XP Pro, XP Anti Spy.
Could some body give any clue what’s happening here! :!:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The problem is beacuse of because of two modules trying to access the same IRQ....Try this...
1) Set your pagefile to system managed size and reboot the PC.
2) REset jumper on your MOBO or clear the bios ....removing the battery..
3) Look for PnP OS options, and try to free up IRQ’s for windows to use. 4)Disable COM ports if you do not need them. Try setting OS to PnP
Best luck Pal

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons said:
3) Look for PnP OS options, and try to free up IRQ’s for windows to use. 4)Disable COM ports if you do not need them. Try setting OS to PnP
Best luck Pal

can you elaborate these a bit

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
query

FOR freshseasons: This is the IRQ list of my machine under the 'conflict/sharing' tab. What do you suggest?

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
IRQ 9 Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE

IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

And could elaborate a bit on how to set pagefile and also PnP OS? Does page file mean paging size for virtual memory?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hi there,
I think its not a software related issue....please tell me the Os you use so i can eleborate on clearing and resetting the page file....
About Pnp i meant plug and play Option in bios...It asks you under advanced setting in bios if your Os is Pnp capable ....say yes and try
Other thing from your post i think
1) Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 is using irq 16 most propably shared with intel graphics accelator....
2) About Freeing Com port 1 and 2 i meant disabling it from the bios Option as it will free some of your IRQ ...try this with the parellel port to if u are not using it...
3) Update the driver for intel graphic controller from net....
4) Once you have cleared page file i suggest you to defrag and then set the pagefile to the partion other than where your Os files resides..so this way your page fill will not be scattered everywhere......
Ta ta

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
I checked out COM and Parallel port at Device Manager. They show no conflicts. Do I still need to disable them?

And what do you suggest should be done about your point 1?

"1) Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 is using irq 16 most propably shared with intel graphics accelator"

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
interesting to find this indrajit

my conflicts sharing shows this -->

System Information report written at: 09/29/04 22:52:42
System Name: MATTERLOGIC
[Conflicts/Sharing]

Resource Device
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
IRQ 9 Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
IRQ 16 Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller

I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF SM Bus Controller

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Very similar to indrajit's conflict page

And i wud also like to add that my games using graphics controllor tend to crash too often

I have the latest video driver for 82845G

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Please Free all of your unused ports as they will make more of irq's available for your system.to use......
Have you cleared the page file.and reset it ..Not much can be done about Iqr 16 being shared...but if you somehow are able to interchange all the devices on pci slots will help ...especially the one nearest to the AGP slot ..they usually share same resources....
Please tell me when you have done the following....Does it help

walking-techie

Journeyman
hi i had the same problem

my system
p4 2.8 with ht

2 hdds( 80 + 40)
1 cdrw and 1 dvdrom

wat i did was connected my hddd withsame data cable and connected the optical medias with the other cable

results was i had the same problem u had

then i connected the data cable with 1 hdd and i rom drive and did the same with the other cable and the problem was solved

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
freshseasons said:
Please Free all of your unused ports as they will make more of irq's available for your system.to use......
Have you cleared the page file.and reset it ..Not much can be done about Iqr 16 being shared...but if you somehow are able to interchange all the devices on pci slots will help ...especially the one nearest to the AGP slot ..they usually share same resources....
Please tell me when you have done the following....Does it help

I'm giving an image of details of my ports. What should I do with them?

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/indrajit/untitled.jpg

Out of my 6 PCI slots only one is occupied by a network card. The AGP slot does not have any card installed.

And also could you tell me how to clear page file? Thanks for your help!

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
walking-techie said:
hi i had the same problem

my system
p4 2.8 with ht

2 hdds( 80 + 40)
1 cdrw and 1 dvdrom

wat i did was connected my hddd withsame data cable and connected the optical medias with the other cable

results was i had the same problem u had

then i connected the data cable with 1 hdd and i rom drive and did the same with the other cable and the problem was solved

I'v got a single HDD - 40 GB, 1 ROM drive, 1writer drive.
So what do you suggest for me?

Recently got another error message:

WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED _AT_BAD_IRQL

TECHNICAL DETAIL:

***STOP: 0X000000E1(0X8059F3D0,0X00000002,0X8121D890,0X8121D890)

Its really irritating! :(

theraven

Technomancer
how have u installed it ?
one hdd on primary master
and the 2 optical drives on secondary master/slave i guess
thats the best u can do ...

i guess u boot into ur pc sometimes .. otherwise i wouldnt be able to get those screenies right ?

and when u upgraded did u reinstall ur os ur u used ur old drive
did u use a slipstreamed sp2 cd or did u install sp2 separately ?

theraven

Technomancer
here ya go dude
try out some of these
*www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6000/rh6045.htm
*www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=308429
*forums.winxpcentral.com/showthread.php?t=4653
and what do u know ... it has nuthin to do with IRQ conflicts ;)

accordin to the above check ur ram chips first usint memtest !! thats in the third link
follow other solutions after u are sure ur ram is fine

hope this helps
cheers

walking-techie

Journeyman
nice links raven.

indrajit, raven 's suggestions iare correct. hav u installed ur peripherals in the same way rgth. If yes. now lets check ur ram. if that also works.

now, is ur winxp original, if not sp2 can do this sometimes. also is ur version of sp2 correct is it the final or the rc2 version. install the final version of sp2

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
Thanx a LOT theraven! The links you gave provides everything one might want to know about the problem I'm facing. I've done what has been suggested; now all I have to do is wait for a few days to see if it is fixed. Again thanx a lot!
And thanx to all other members of this forum who took their time to help me!
I'll get back here within a day or two to let you guyes know the result!

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
walking-techie said:
nice links raven.

indrajit, raven 's suggestions iare correct. hav u installed ur peripherals in the same way rgth. If yes. now lets check ur ram. if that also works.

now, is ur winxp original, if not sp2 can do this sometimes. also is ur version of sp2 correct is it the final or the rc2 version. install the final version of sp2

Yes walking-techie, my HDD is Primary Master and the two optical drives are Secondary Master and Slave respectively. Btw, thank for your suggestions!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:p Man i hope your problem is solved by now ...anyway if it isnt just post reply here...i got a good solution for you... :D

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
Hi freshseasons! Today only I followed theraven's instructions to fix the problem (followed the links given by theraven). So I'll have to wait a few days to see if its' solved or not. Why don't you post your solution too! I could use any extra bit of iformation! :) Though I sincerely hope what I've done till now fixes the problem, I'm really getting desparate! :D

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i installed creative webcam pd1100 from the drivers suppiled to me by creative online. i installed them properly and it asked to connected the cam. wheni did. a new hardware found window cropped up but it didnt find the drivers.

i tried to reinstall but it didnt ask for uninstall. i tried manually all the installed ddl files looking at the files xtracted in the temp folder.

but everytime i shutdown my system i get this BSOD

saying

Quote:

windows has been shutdown

--DRIVER-IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
this prob is caused because of some hardware or software u have installed/updated, etc. etc.

TECH. INFO.=
STOP:0x000000D1 (0X00000040, 0X00000002, 0X0000001, 0XF93F6150)

wanarp.sys- address F93F6150 base at F93F1000,
DATE STAMP 41107689---

they have sent me a dsriver cd free of cost. till then can i do anything??

have a usb adsl modem and on another usb port i have an extension cable for pendrive or webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom