Drive lost!!!!!! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delpiero

Journeyman
I am using win98 on c: and winXP pro on d:. Now the problem is that i converted my e: to NTFS on XP and the drive only appears in win XP but not on WIn98. Can i change it back to FAT32? Or is there any other method to make it visible in win 98? Please Help me.

A

anurag_online

Yes you can easily change it to FAT32. DO the following...

Log on to windows XP.
Then remove all the data from that drive.
Now format it completly by right clcicking on the drive and select the partition style as FAT32. You r done!!!

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
:roll: well i really am unsure abt the solution provided by Anurag! newayzz try it .. .& see if it helps U . .so post in ur response in here .. i'm eager abt this ....

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. You will have to format your NTFS drive to convert back to Fat32 again .. You will lose your data if you format ...
You can use NTFSPro to see the NTFS in Dos ... But it will give you only read only access ..

OP
D

Delpiero

Journeyman
anurag_online said:
Yes you can easily change it to FAT32. DO the following...

Log on to windows XP.
Then remove all the data from that drive.
Now format it completly by right clcicking on the drive and select the partition style as FAT32. You r done!!!
Thanx for the replies. Is formatting the only choice i have? Anyways i wll try it .

Charley

Just Do It
I have a hard drive of 1.4 GB in the system. My engineer hid that drive cos of bad sectors but I want to unhide it so I can use some space on it. How should I do it? It is not a partitioned drive.

stalin

Journeyman
Don't active your Bad sector in your HDD better it be unhide coz bad sector start spreading some time it make your HDD inactive when you acess some file in Bad Sector. I heard that there are some tools for removing Bad Sector but not sure how that tools remove bad sector. If you want the software let me know I get it for you. This is how many of people took unused HDD for Rs. 200 to Rs. 300 clean the Bad Sector sell it for second hand HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom