Downloads on n6600

pushkaraj

In the zone
I am using airtel mobile office connection on my n6600. I use opera mini for surfing. However when i try to download anything, the opera browser asks me if i want to exit the browser and if i click yes, then the default browser of my cell opens up and downloads the file. But if the file is something like .exe or .zip which is not recognisrd by symbian then after downloading the file the browser simply stays on. I dont know where does the file gets saved. Ne idea about the location??? Sometimes if i get proper link, then fget works but rest of the times, dat is not possible. Tried usin netfront and opera mobile but surfing speed is much slower than opera mini. Is there any solution to this problem???

Pathik

Google Bot
get the url of the file and then dload using fget.. Or use opera mini extra.. Or opera mobile .. Both support resuming

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Opera mini extra??? There is nothing like it on the official website. And i hav mentioned tat opera mobile is slower than opera mini. So if u have the so-called "Opera mini extra" , then kindly upload the sis file.

K

krazyfrog

Whenever the default browser in Symbian phone downloads data, it saves it in the D drive. After downloading, search for the file there using FExplorer or SmartFileMan.

Pathik

Google Bot
look in d:/cache
and opera mini extra isnt sis its jar.. google it... its just a modded version of opera mini..
btw opera mobile isnt slower than opera mini... both r fast...
atleast in my case..

K

krazyfrog

Yes opera mobile and netfront can be painfully slow some times while loading certain pages. Being a proxy browser mini loads each and every page at the same speed. But try opening Gamespot.com or something similar on Opera mobile and netfront and even without images they take ages to open while mini loads the same page much faster with the images. Funny though being a user of 6600, you should've been used to slow operation by now. The thing is as slow as a handicapped snail :D

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey i know that 6600 is bloody slow but that doesnt mean i get used to it. i am just trying to OPTIMISE the entire browsin experience. That is the whole purpose of startin this thread. If some little software gives me significantly faster browsin speed + provision to download files other than jar and sis, then why not GET IT FROM SOMEWHERE? U get my point!!!

Last edited:

Sage48

Right off the assembly line
I am using airtel mobile office connection on my n6600. I use opera mini for surfing. However when i try to download anything, the opera browser asks me if i want to exit the browser and if i click yes, then the default browser of my cell opens up and downloads the file. But if the file is something like .exe or .zip which is not recognisrd by symbian then after downloading the file the browser simply stays on. I dont know where does the file gets saved. Ne idea about the location??? Sometimes if i get proper link, then fget works but rest of the times, dat is not possible. Tried usin netfront and opera mobile but surfing speed is much slower than opera mini. Is there any solution to this problem???

It's either in E: (memory card) or C: (phone memory). Definitely not in D.

nmenon

Broken In
I have Nokia 3230, similar to the 6600 you can get the UC browser which has a built-in download manager with the option to save the file wherever you want. Try logging on to www.uc.cn from the built in browser. You can download the UC Web browser, its free. I've used it download stuff like Nvidia's video card drivers etc. on the 3230 so you shouldn't have much of a problem using it.

Top Bottom