Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
I frequently download large files (>50 mb) from the net but recently I am faced with a strange problem.

I stack up my downloads in the day (download <10 mb) and stop them so that I can resume them in the night. But recently, the downloads start all over again and don't resume from the point where I left off.

This is very frustrating since I have to start my downloads all over again if my net connections disconnects during downloads.

I use
>>>WinXP + SP2
>>>Opera for browsing and downloads
:?: :?:

cheetah

In the zone
May be the resume is not available for that file.

the second thing that can happen is that whenver the pc restarts,hangs all of a sudden.the download file dont get saved and next time start from the beginning.

This is a comon problem in DAp.In flashget it happens but can be fixed by minimising the disk write time through options.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
If I remember correctly, DAP stores the unfinished download files in a temp folder. Maybe emptypying the temp folder before shutting down is causing the proble. I may be wrong though.

vysakh

Padawan
why dont u just pause the download as soon as about 100kb or so is downloaded. In this way you will get the URL of the file and doesnt make much difference if u start downloading it all over again

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@cheetah....read the post carefully man he aint using DAP or Falshget but rather Is Using Opera's default Downloading Facility :(

@ctrl_alt_del.....well DAP is a total sucker and has tons of Spywares in it....The best that i use for now is Internet Download Manager....clean and fast :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Allwyn: Correction...DAP has adware! I think I can live with it 'coz I get 30kBps in both DAP as well as IDM. And DAP has more features over IDM. Thats why I prefer it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@ctrl_alt_del.....well ur choice buddy.....but i would rather prefer stayin away from those Spyware prods....plus i as well preferred the older DAP versions but not these ones(Latest) :wink: My only concern is hell with the features and up with the download.....as long is the file makes it safely to my comp am satisfied which is why IDM here 8)

@Enoonmai....i remeber having downloaded Via Mass downloader once....but soon got tired of its interface and Got back to trying out others Viz Falshget,Getright and list goes on....the point is as long as they are simple to use they are a great success :wink:
Also never heard of the other 2 are they good enough???? :roll:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@allwyn: LOL, ends justifies the means, dont they. Actually I need the queuing facility as I put on a lot of files on download overnight and then go to sleep. IDM insists on starting all the downloads at once instead of completing one and then moving on to another. That results in the bandwidth sharing and in the morning all the files are still incomplete. If only this feature was improved upon, then I will gladly hop on to IDM fulltime. :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
Also never heard of the other 2 are they good enough????

I guess so, they're stable and they're free and have no ads. FreshDownload integrates well with IE, FF/Mozilla , Netscape and Opera, so no problems there, and it supports all the other usual stuff like scheduling, auto turn-off/logoff, custom MIME types, FTP Site Explorer, preconfigured site exclusions, etc. so I am actually pretty happy with it right now.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Oh sorry. Its "enoomai". I know him from the Skoar! forum. Because of his immense knowlege in virtually every field, I like to call him "Prof", short for Professor. And dont be confused when he calls me "cody" coz thats what they have shortened my nick to at Skoar!. CAD sounded odd so all decided to stick with "cody". :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The best download software (for linux) is the plain old wget its the best no fuss and alwase does what its told to do. Try it guys its remarkable.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
ctrl_alt_del
er just a passing thought What is the sheep doing in your signature? Does it have a hidden meaning ? Just curious <no spam intended, i just could not resist asking>

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Sheep in my signature?????!!!! Dont you mean to say, "sheep in my avaatar."? Well the sheep is trying to break the avaatar limit. LOL. Just found the sheep funny so used it. No hidden meaning. Though if you like, you can cut and paste the link in my signature. Now thats what many will like! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom