DOWNLOAD: New Version of Comodo Free Firewall released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
*www.trustlogo.com/images/cornertrust.gifComodo Personal Firewall Pro 2.4.18.184
Very Popular Free Firewall

Manufacturer's Description:

• The Award-Winning Comodo Firewall Pro
  • PC Magazine Online's Editor's Choice
  • Secures against internal and external attacks
  • Blocks internet access to malicious Trojan programs
  • Safeguards your Personal data against theft
  • Delivers total end-point security for Personal Computers and Networks

*www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/images/cpf_summary.gif

Sleek design gives an at-a-glance overview of your security status

1. Highlights - displays the latest Comodo news and information about updates
2. Traffic - high visual overview of the last minute of traffic history in terms Applications and Network protocols
3. System info - information about your system in terms of the Hardware and details of all network Adapters in your computer.
4. View Alerts - Get in-depth details on the high severity risks that the firewall has detected.
5. Update License - One click activation of your free-for-a-lifetime Comodo license.
6. Computer Security level - customize firewall security by using the slider to quickly move between preset security levels
7. Check the security of your firewall's configuration with Comodo's online vulnerability scanner, HackerGuardian.
8. Security Monitoring - get an immediate heads up on the status of the firewall's major components.
9. Protection strength - your overall security level determined by the settings you have chosen

What's new in Comodo's Firewall:

• Multi language capabilities
  • Activity->Connections sections shows per connection bytes in/out
  • Firewall icon shows animation as per incoming/outgoing traffic in system tray
  • At times certain folder could remain locked when using firewall
  • The bug causing SHA1 replies to be forgotten
  • Few BSODs reported via forums and support
  • Now firewall does not require user to activate license. It comes with lifetime free license on installation itself.
  • Significantly improved self defense
  • Defense against automated windows messaging (Simulated mouse clicks)
  • File digital certificate verification for own binaries
  • Fixed DOS conditions in self defense handling
  • Fixed system driver crashes
  • Fixed some bugs that can cause privilege escalation
  • Improved OLE automation handling
  • Fixed some minor bugs in tool tip texts
  • Removed non-TCP/UDP application alerts until version 3.0

:arrow: Download: Comodo Personal Free Firewall

Get Free Life time Licence

Home Page

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
My COMODO firewall did an Automatic Update a few days ago. Now I checked the version. Its 2.4.18.184. So its ok, I think.
Neway, Thanks for the info.! :)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
heys guys..is this firewall good...is this better than zonealarm macffee or others etc. etc..

Also tell me howz its antivirus..

is it better than norton....

also tell me is this light to use as compared to norton as norton makes system very slow

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
arunks said:
heys guys..is this firewall good...is this better than zonealarm macffee or others etc. etc..

Also tell me howz its antivirus..

is it better than norton....

also tell me is this light to use as compared to norton as norton makes system very slow

It is a award winning free firewall for personal use. It is better than Zone alarm free basic version. Check out this recent review of Free firewalls against paid versions...

Free firewalls outclass paid ones, test reveals...

I am not sure about it's antivirus capabilities. I would rather stick to my avast!.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I just went through what the users has to say about Comodo Antivirus. It's certainly not a positive one.

It has received only 2.5 rating out of 5 in download review.

Some comments:

Well it's free...but so are hemorrhoids

02-Jul-2006 06:14:41 PM
Reviewer: goldengreeke

Cons: If you want a good free virus protection, Comodo AntiVirus is not one I would recommend. It is such a resource hog that it freezes up and crashes your computer doing a simple scan. Maybe if you have a whole GB or more of of ram it might actually work, but after getting so frustrated with it on my test pc I gave up. I would recommend you try AVG or Avast, until they get the bugs out of Comodo AntiVirus.

Was this review helpful? 50 of 52 users said yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs A Lot Of Improvment

04-Feb-2007 10:20:02 PM
Reviewer: Reborn master

Pros: It's free.

Cons: Comodo failed at everything.Detection was not good, Avg was able to detect more virus than this.Realtime protection is poor.I got a email with a virus in it and comodo coudn't block the virus.After installing this my pc froze couple of times.

Was this review helpful? 4 of 4 users said yes.

Not sure what the problem was?

05-Jun-2006 05:00:03 AM
Reviewer: 19monty64

Pros: Couldn't find any!

Cons: Downloaded this twice as there was an installation error the first time but dLo.com shows no dLo's of it yet? Second install not a problem until reboot...windows loaded but it took the Comodo pop-up 20 minutes to ask if I wanted to register yet or if their was any installation problems. I clicked on install-probs and everything "froze"... Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut-down and system-restore to fix. I have XP, IE6, plenty of hd-space so I'm not sure what the prob was. 135M of 256M-ram should have been enough and the old a/v was completely un-installed, as I checked with their(AVG) help-forum to get instructions to make sure it was done properly! The help I got from AVG-forum convinced me that I never should have switched, but Comodo stated "easy on system resources" AdAware & AdobeReader are lighter than this. Comodo was so highly recommended and I've had probs with their a/v and f/w.....you know the saying, 2-strikes and you're outta here!!! (No un-installer included either...CCleaner to the rescue!!!)

Was this review helpful? 24 of 32 users said yes.

comodo is junk

29-Jun-2006 10:08:41 AM
Reviewer: wileyjan

Pros: none

Cons: sorry, the name comodo implies "stay clear" as far as i'm concerned. the products may well be ok someday, but at the moment it's like all their software is not ready to realease beta stuff. i will never touch software bearing the comodo name again. nightmares shouldn't happen while you're awake

Was this review helpful? 31 of 36 users said yes.

Nice Free Product That Will Only Get Better

24-Jan-2007 07:40:52 PM
Reviewer: MattLee0416

Pros: - only full featured free AntiVirus

- free lifetime license

Cons: -worse full featured AntiVirus

-still in beta

overall i think it deserves a 4/5 because its full featured, only in beta and will only get better. look what they did with their firewall. if this progresses like their firewall not only will this be the best free av but 1 of the best overall

Was this review helpful? No responses

*www.download.com/Comodo-AntiVirus/3640-2239_4-10538178.html

Almost all users are not happy with it. It should take considerable time to establish share in Antivirus segment. I suggest to stick to avast! or AVG free edition.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I think comodo firewall takes too much memory,my jetico firewall takes only 6mb.
What about the new version of comodo ,i think may be less mb(saw their statements in another forum)

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
rajasekharan said:
thanks a lot kiran :). i will stick to my norton corporate and comodo firewall :). their firewall is the best for sure :)

My Pleasure. :) Yes. No doubt about Comodo Firewall. It is among the best firewall.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
gx_saurav said:
Is it vista compatible? Nothing else is right now

It is not officially declared compatible with Vista. But seeing users comments, it is running pretty ok with Vista. I don't have Vista right now, hence can't tell my opinion. Jus give a try.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Kiran_tech_mania said:
It is not officially declared compatible with Vista. But seeing users comments, it is running pretty ok with Vista. I don't have Vista right now, hence can't tell my opinion. Jus give a try.
thanx, lets try then

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Installed this after recommendation from you and I'm really happy. Extremely light on my system and best of it............ FREE!!!!! :D Seems to do quite a good job, but the site which you showed, for the results shows Comodo on the 2nd....... from last :(

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
phreak0utt said:
Installed this after recommendation from you and I'm really happy. Extremely light on my system and best of it............ FREE!!!!! :D Seems to do quite a good job, but the site which you showed, for the results shows Comodo on the 2nd....... from last :(

I think you are telling about the test comparision. That test was conducted in March 11 2006. Recent tests reveal that Comodo is outclassing paid versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom