downgrading to directx 9.0c from 10 on xp!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. HUNT

Right off the assembly line
i ve' recentally downloaded star wars republic commando and after when i tried to run the game it give message to update directx .then i again start the game it again starts updating.:(
i ve installed xp sp3 .i ve installed direct x 10 on it.
i tried to downgrade to 9.0c but it still shows direct x 10 in diagnostic tool.
plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

axxo

99.9% Idle
not sure this will work..but can always give a try.
*kms-system.com/files/kmdxc.zip

paroh

Padawan
U can try
Code:
*download.softpedia.com/dl/bc24dc58f9f661eca05a6d2089c538ca/493f9a50/100002588/software/system/dxe2005.zip
or

Code:
*www.superfoxs.com/software/dhu.zip

both software are different check which works for u.

After unistallation install the latest direct x for xp

direct x 10 is not for windows xp it is for vista

Last edited:
First off all how did you got dx10 in xp where only dx9 is compitable. Secondly making such unathorized changes is totally harmfull. Reinstall your os its the easiest way and download the latest dx update package from microsoft.com.

OP
M

MR. HUNT

originally posted by axxo

not sure this will work..but can always give a try.
*kms-system.com/files/kmdxc.zip
Unban praka123
bro after using this software i m able to restore directx 9 but it is 9.0b
i m not able to upgrade it to 9.0c!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Mr.Hunt, this was a problem I had ages ago, and I tried every single directx uninstaller available. And since force-reinstalling directx is not possible, your only way is to reinstall windows.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
The option to uninstall DirectX is only included in XPlite Professional.

Thankyou for purchasing XPlite Professional.

Available in *coughcough* sites.

I havent tried it, so I cant say, although the only solution I suggest for uninstalling DX10 on xp is reinstalling xp. Only that works, as far as I have tried.

vamsi360

Always confused
I think Microsoft held the gamers to hold exclusively to vista by making their DX10 exlusively for it.......but how come DX10 on xp....have you hacked the registry to act like vista?

OP
M

MR. HUNT

by dheeraj_kumar
Mr.Hunt, this was a problem I had ages ago, and I tried every single directx uninstaller available. And since force-reinstalling directx is not possible, your only way is to reinstall windows.

i was able to restore to directx 9.0c from 10 by simple method man!!!!!
just by SYSTEM RESTORE

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ I tried it too, and I got it back in dxdiag window, although the files were corrupted and games crashed. A LOT. And nero setup didnt even start.

Try running games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom