Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil - My Takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
enoonmai

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
One single CD, thats it. So, I guess this is gonna be a pretty small game/expansion. But its pretty challenging compared to the Doom 3.

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, will be getting it by Monday, lets see how much more it can scare me

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Finished the game last night. The last battle is kinda tough and took me several attempts to clear it. I won't spill the beans here so don't worry. :D

Here is a screenshot of Hell (the portal in front takes you to your final battle)

*img147.exs.cx/img147/2197/doom320ls.th.jpg

It somehow saved in 640x480 dunno why.

I was kinda disappointed that the game was only 12 missions long. But other than that, a great expansion!!!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The folks over at Upset Chaps have updated their DOOM 3 tweak guide with the release of RoE. If you are having some troubles getting the game to run smoothly on your rig, you will definitely want to check out this recently updated guide and see what it can do for you! You can check out the frame rate solutions here and the visual tweaks here.

G

gxsaurav

Mine is not working, needs to validate the key, when I enter it says invalid, I just used them to install

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
During installation you have to use the CD key found with the expansion. However while playing, you will be prompted to type in the CD key of the original Doom 3 game.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
No ctrl_alt_del. You don't need the CD Key of the original game to play RoE. At least I didn't enter it. Just used the key that came with RoE.

G

gxsaurav

Yahoooooo it worked don't know how

I reinstalled d3, then updtaed with 1.2 patch, when started it said to validate to authorisation server, i refused, & manually opened the doomkey file in \base folder & entered the same key there

then installed RoE, again asked me to enter the roe key, I did the same but this time with the file xpkey in \base folder

worked, now playing it, I m in erabus labs, just entered

Gravity gun was better, with grabber I cannot lift anything, but a few things, but then again, considaring that it was made to lift light material it is beliveable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom