dont u think that koutons, charlie outlaw and cotton county r cheating us

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
50%+49% off

you hav to bear with these ads which u see each day on tv and in news papers . don't u think they r fooling us .:mad:
just imagine why a company sells its goods at discount .your answer will be to clear the remaining stock or to increase product sale. but i don't think that a such a high 50%+49% succesive discount can be maintained throughout the year. just think about the indian government,they know that these stores r cheating us then too they r keeping their mouth shut.

how is it possible .if u see a mrp tag of 1000Rs on an item of koutons then u hav too pay only 250 Rs for it. how they can manage to give loads of ads on various media:???: . the quality of thier products r too low according to the mrp set for them.

a person who goes to these stores the first time mostly never goes their again due to thier very low quality clothing.

i think if they decrease their mrp rather than giving discount then only they can survive in India for a long time else u can imagine.

what do u say?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
That is because the :
Product cost price=150rs
Product no discount price tagged = 1000
Product discounted price = 250rs

Net profit 100 Rs.

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
i think the product cost price is 100Rs or even less as they r bulk manufacturers.

amol48

Searching...
yup that's right.. Moreover it's a matter of taste. When people start using a particular BRAND then even if the company hikes the rates, people continue with it !! That is marketing strategy nothing else. Since they are BIGGIES, they can bear initial losses for long term profits !!

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
but what about the common people.these brands are quoting the discounts as such 50%+49% off which will appear to common man as if he has to pay only 1 % of the MRP.

the government should keep a check on them so that they can not fool the commoners

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
these brands are quoting the discounts as such 50%+49% off which will appear to common man as if he has to pay only 1 % of the MRP
^^ Dont worry, if you are thinking that this is a market strategy ....rest assured most people do aswell ;)

In business, everyone knows....nobody is here for sewa....all are here for profit after all they also have wife and kids at home. Common man know Koutons etc is not paying from its pocket...they are still earning something after selling a TShirt for Rs 200.

As the end of the Day.....Am khayo Gutliya mat ginoo :lol:

amol48

Searching...
utsav said:
but what about the common people.these brands are quoting the discounts as such 50%+49% off which will appear to common man as if he has to pay only 1 % of the MRP.

the government should keep a check on them so that they can not fool the commoners

Dude in such offers you should always read 'Terms and Conditions Apply' first. It's not 50+49 % as you think... See the meaning of the asterik on 49* which must be definately given. It means 49% off after 50% discount. That means, if a T-shirtr costs Rs.1000, first 50% off on that so it's MRP is Rs.500, then 49% off this MRP which comes around Rs.250 .... IT doesn't mean 99%% off on Rs.1000 as you think !!!... That's what is catch dude.. and people fall prey to it just like you :p got it ??!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Who cares, I get cheap garments, thats all I think for. Thats it....

Dude in such offers you should always read 'Terms and Conditions Apply' first. It's not 50+49 % as you think... See the meaning of the asterik on 49* which must be definately given. It means 49% off after 50% discount. That means, if a T-shirtr costs Rs.1000, first 50% off on that so it's MRP is Rs.500, then 49% off this MRP which comes around Rs.250 .... IT doesn't mean 99%% off on Rs.1000 as you think !!!... That's what is catch dude.. and people fall prey to it just like you :razz: got it ??!!

R U preparing for CAT 07 in TIME :D this actually is a formulla for percentage profit & loss

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Its not really very wrong in the true sense.
Those are all marketing gimmicks.
You should hear the mobile companies advertisements that they put up.
There are the days of Caveat Emptor

cooldip10

In the zone
Dude they are the most clever than the buyers.

Buyers think that they are getting a good discount but in all the companies are having the net discount ..

they sometimes send mfg. defects on sell..

amol48

Searching...
Whatever it might be. I just treat them as local brands and buy them. Coz in terms of price both are same. So what's the problem in that even if they sell at 'LOOT-AWAY' price...!!

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
amol48 said:
Dude in such offers you should always read 'Terms and Conditions Apply' first. It's not 50+49 % as you think... See the meaning of the asterik on 49* which must be definately given. It means 49% off after 50% discount. That means, if a T-shirtr costs Rs.1000, first 50% off on that so it's MRP is Rs.500, then 49% off this MRP which comes around Rs.250 .... IT doesn't mean 99%% off on Rs.1000 as you think !!!... That's what is catch dude.. and people fall prey to it just like you :p got it ??!!

hey amol48 r u thinking i am weak in maths.i think u hav not noticed that i hav quoted that they r giving succesive discount in my first post:lol: .

successive discount means additional discount on the discounted price.

u know i never fall prey to these bogus marketing strategies. i just started this thread to know the views of the members what they think about these brands and jise dekho woh mujhe samjhaane mein laga hai unki strategy.:mad:

amol48

Searching...
utsav said:
u know i never fall prey to these bogus marketing strategies. i just started this thread to know the views of the members what they think about these brands and jise dekho woh mujhe samjhaane mein laga hai unki strategy.:mad:

LOL :p ... Sorry for that buddy... actually from reading your post I thought that you were confused or are asking the reason/explanation !! Sorry, I didn't mean the other way..!!

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
chalo yaar chalta hai waise main bhi 12th me hun

i don't think there is sumthing shocking:shock:

go4saket

Come on guys, these companies never force you to come to their store and buy their products. It is we who get our tongue out seeing such heavy discounts. As for bad quality, you always have the right to check the quality before you pay for them, then why complain. Its strong marketing strategy and in a way good for us as this will force the big brands to bring down their prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom