don't know whats the problem

cray.x

Broken In
hey guys
I'm new to this forum
from the last three days my PC has slow down very much, earlier it used to take 3-4 min to show the the start up screen, but now its takes much more than 8 min. I have tried every thing from Cleaning up my temporary files with ccleaner to removing unnecessary registry entries with the same soft. Then i thought it might be the dust which has settled down on the motherboard so i cleaned it up with vacuum cleaner, the problem still persists. and from the last start up it has checked the disk 3 times with chkdisk. :cry:
In C: it said "file record segment 49057 is unreadable" while checking the index.
On the second chkdisk run it showed multiple msges like "deleting corrupt attribute record (128,"") from file record segment 97785" the last no. changed a few times. Plz help me out!!! :cry:
The config of my PC
P4 @2.66ghz
1.11gb ram
win Xp professional SP-2
160GB HDD

clmlbx

Technomancer
Try this couple of things..

try Defragmenting Hard disk

also check ur hard-disk (HD tune)

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
Try this couple of things..

try Defragmenting Hard disk

also check ur hard-disk (HD tune)

dude i checked with HD tune
it showed me the following

1) Current sector pending
in the description: No. of unstable sectors:3

2) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count
and it says that it might be a bad cable
i can solve that but
Then what to do with the sector error???

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
hey clmlbx the PC isn't slowing anymore, i just changed my sata cable and sata port and now its working pretty cool, but plz tell me if I can resolve those errors??? or I should just chill??

clmlbx

Technomancer
who is manufacturer of your Hard-disk..? try it's tools.. they are bad sectors..

If their are few then try apps from manufacturers website.. If their are more or increase day by day prepare your Back .. Last days of your Hard -disk.. If it is under warranty then RMa it.. If not then check almost everyday .. prepare your backup.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
I repaired the Bad sectors but the 'Ultra DMA CRC error' is still there even tried changing a pair of SATA cable. :confused::confused:

Top Bottom