Don't know how to install display driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
I've just downloaded Windows XP Drivers for Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia from their offical site and extracted the zip files but don't know how to go on as there is no install.exe or anything like this. Please help.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Right Click on My Computer -> Manage. Go to device manager. Click on the + sign next to display adapters There your graphics card should be listed. If not, Check for a yellow Exclaimation mark in the whole list (it should be listed as some adapter or controller or something)

Now right click on it and select update drivers. If it asks u to connect to windows update, select no, not this time. Next. Then select install from list (advanced). Next. Then check search in these locations. Uncheck search removable media. Check include this location in search. Then browse to the folder where u have extracted the driver. Next. Now it should install the driver! Restart and voila! Graphics driver installed!

Post back if u have some problem.

Kalpik

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
Can't update display drivers

I've just downloaded Windows XP Driver for Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia from their official site and extracted the zip files but don't know how to go on as there is no install.exe or anything like this. Running the update display driver wizard from Device Manager did not help. Any solutions?

Sourabh

Laptoping
In the Device Manager, Expand the Display Adapter and select update drivers from there for the gfx card.

Do you want windows update to search for drivers, click on NO, not this time.

Now select Install from specific location(Advanced) and then manually browse to the unzipped folder of the drivers which u downloaded and click on Next, Windows would do the rest.

q3_abhi

Youngling
U cannot find Install.exe if u have an Interfacing Card . This happens sometimes. But the Onboard ones have the install.exe. U can update the drivers as suggested by Sourabh.

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
Thanks Kalpik for your reply. I've gone my way and unchecked 'Include this location in the search' but check 'Don't search. I will install choose the driver to install' insted. Now I've installed the updated drivers.

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
Thanks Kalpik for your reply. I've gone my way and unchecked 'Include this location in the search' but check 'Don't search. I will install choose the driver to install' instead. Now I've installed the updated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom