netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Guys in my laptop running windows 8.1 i tried to uninstall synaptic touch pad drivers but an error message appears saying you have to be logged in as an administrator to uninstall driver. I messed around with the user account privileges activated the windows admin account through command prompt some how i removed administrator privileges from my account and i deactivated the admin account through command prompt. NOW I DON'T HAVE ANY ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTS TO GIVE ME RIGHTS TO EVEN INSTALL SIMPLE PROGRAMS IN MY SYSTEM.I tried to re enable the admin account but i couldn't because i have to give admin rights to command prompt which i don't have. So i'm stuck with this message box each time i try to do anything that requires privileges 2015-11-13 23.43.32.jpgi have only one option to click No, yes is greyed. So please suggest a way other than reinstalling windows.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do you have some Restore points, made recently which you can use to restore your registry back to some previous date?

OP
netizen3000

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Install Winaero Tweaker and enable UAC in there.

can't install anything because this dialogue box keeps comming up
*i.imgur.com/Mqx6huT.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have some Restore points, made recently which you can use to restore your registry back to some previous date?

It's a new lap so i don't think any restore points are there, even if there were i still need an access control from admin to do anything that sort of things

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, if it's a new laptop, and you haven't installed much softwares, and if you have access to the Original Win key, there's no reason why you can't reinstall the OS.
Also, you can try to recover from the backup partition laptops usually comes pre-shipped with. Like resetting the OS.

OP
netizen3000

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Install Winaero Tweaker and enable UAC in there.

on the other hand windows is letting me restore but all applications will be gone is there any other way, for these recovery options windows is showing admin account but when booted up there is no such option

Flash

Lost in speed
on the other hand windows is letting me restore but all applications will be gone is there any other way, for these recovery options windows is showing admin account but when booted up there is no such option
Before resetting, check the Administrator option in "Local Security Policy" as below.

*www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/images/knowledge/local-administrator-account-win7/local-security-policy.png

If it is disabled, enable the admin account. Logoff your account and login with admin account, and if possible change your user account as Adminstrator (if it's standard).

OP
netizen3000

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Finally got a working solution guys
**imgur.com/gallery/H8obU :-D :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Before resetting, check the Administrator option in "Local Security Policy" as below.

*www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/images/knowledge/local-administrator-account-win7/local-security-policy.png

If it is disabled, enable the admin account. Logoff your account and login with admin account, and if possible change your user account as Adminstrator (if it's standard).

that might have worked as well Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

But with all this i still can't uninstall synaptics touch pad driver,
when i try to uninstall its showing this message even when logged in as admin
*i.imgur.com/Z4uLZyt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Solved the driver problem also uninstalled it using CMD used this code
rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall

peace at last :)

Top Bottom