Don't buy any Xiaomi device. No spare parts even at xiaomi exclusive centres.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Please refer:

---------

He did not claim warranty. He just wants the stuff repaired. A phone is not a shampoo bottle or soap which if damaged you could just replace and go on merrily. Phone contains so much different types of data that is not easily transferable to another even when properly working forget when damaged. Easy to say keep backups but not so much to do.

He is absolutely right in doing whatever he is doing now and companies should be answerable. They should be able to support what they sell. It is not like he is asking them for spares of a 5 year old outdated handset, it is brand new one. If nothing they should have at least kept some units disassembled to be used for service alone as spares.

Yes,phone is not something that can be replaced easily but his father shouldn't have abused his phone so it is a smart phone not a nokia 1500. No phone can't survive 100 drops.If he care about service then why did he gone for a brand which is yet to establish in first place.He should have bought a phone from much established brand like Samsung,Sony in first place.

- - - Updated - - -

The mediatek in micromax gobbles a higher capacity batter faster than sd 400 uses up a lower capacity one.

Mediatek Octa Cores uses 8 A7 cortex cores while SD 400 has 4 Cores.So how can you expect better battery backup again Battery backup also depends on OS optimization,No of apps installed,CPU scheduler,kernel etc.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Mediatek Octa Cores uses 8 A7 cortex cores while SD 400 has 4 Cores.So how can you expect better battery backup again Battery backup also depends on OS optimization,No of apps installed,CPU scheduler,kernel etc.

This brings us to my original point that my choice is not wrong.
Foolish are the people who recommend Nitro over Moto G.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^ some people dont read, for them small paragraph is TL;DR

Well,I correctly understand what Op has mentioned in his original post.

- - - Updated - - -

This brings us to my original point that my choice is not wrong.
Foolish are the people who recommend Nitro over Moto G.

Nobody is saying your choice is wrong different people buy phone according their requirement some buy for brand,some for specification but you can can't compare processor on brand name itself.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The mediatek in micromax gobbles a higher capacity batter faster than sd 400 uses up a lower capacity one.

and lag dont forget the lag
mediatek lower end lag is unbearable
theres also issues with app compatability with mediatek

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Shitty situation to be in and you're doing the right thing for pushing hard.

But jumping from there to say don't buy it, is absolute crap. You're probably an exceptional case for dropping it a 100 times. From what I understand Xiaomi are replacing defective (from manufacturing) pieces. The build quality is great. So damage issues are also rare.

Plus consider the fact that you can get two Redmis for the price of a Motog, both are v.similar phones. It's absurd not to recommend Xiaomi for this. Plus Moto G's service was quite poor when it started out as well and in the non prominent cities spare parts and ASS are still a major problem.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Interesting. Q to OP- did you tried to get it repaired outside?

Last month my father accidentally broke the screen of his Moto E. I stay in Faridabad, Haryana. Checked Motorola site and only one service center was listed here which is like 7 km away from my home. Went there and was surprised to know it's been shut down 5 months back but Motorola still shows it in their website.

Checked with Motorola service centers in Delhi. All of dem asked for minimum 3500 bucks for screen replacement. Considering the phone itself was 7k I found the amount absurd. My office is in Karolbagh so which also has biggest Electronics and mobile market in Delhi. Checked there and same screen which Motorola service center people were replacing for 3500 I got replaced in 1800.

So, my suggestion is check with local repair people and you might get lucky.

kaz

right here
If Micromax comes with SD processors, single SIM and CM, I would prefer it over all other brands :p

Welcome back [MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION] :-D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
No phone from any brand will cover warranty for accidental damage or survive 100 falls I am amazed that your phone survive such amount of abuse.Lg G3 provides accidental protection but that cost more than twice what a Mi3 costs.
Truth is if you have done same thing with Lg,Samsung,Htc they would have denied you to repair your phone on your face since it is accidental.wait for sometime xiaomi haven't denied you for repair just they told spares are not available.

they dont deny, personal experience with lg g2 back panel. they charge you for replacement part cost.
and htc too as the service center for lg mobiles where i went also handles htc. a person came with broken screen and they gave an approximate of replacement cost.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Welcome back [MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION] :-D
Lol nanducob is back I see! XD
*straightrazorplace.com/attachments/site-help-comments-suggestions/105576d1346839293-can-we-have-little-smiley-face-little-man-taking-his-hat-off-hatsoff.gif

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion
Chinese phones with local sevice cente support > rebranded chinese phones with "official warranty"

OP
K

kapiljhajhria

Broken In
Interesting. Q to OP- did you tried to get it repaired outside?

Last month my father accidentally broke the screen of his Moto E. I stay in Faridabad, Haryana. Checked Motorola site and only one service center was listed here which is like 7 km away from my home. Went there and was surprised to know it's been shut down 5 months back but Motorola still shows it in their website.

Checked with Motorola service centers in Delhi. All of dem asked for minimum 3500 bucks for screen replacement. Considering the phone itself was 7k I found the amount absurd. My office is in Karolbagh so which also has biggest Electronics and mobile market in Delhi. Checked there and same screen which Motorola service center people were replacing for 3500 I got replaced in 1800.

So, my suggestion is check with local repair people and you might get lucky.
I did. Plenty of time. I know an owner of a local shop and asked him to get the spare parts but he wasn't able to do so either. I even asked in some other shops and half of them didn't even knew which company or phone it was. So getting it fixed locally is out of equation. Maybe after few months it will be possible but not now.

Here is the video in which service centre guy is admitting that they only received spare parts once since 22nd july.(thats once in 3months). This time i have submitted my device and they have said that it will atleast take 15 days or more. No one know exactly how much time. Day they get spare parts they will repair my device within 24hrs.

No spare parts at XIAOMI service centres. - YouTube

Will be uploading audio recordings of xiaomi exclusive service centre as well and calls made to xiaomi customer care number.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
not really sure , but recording calls without informing other party is illegal, you might run into trouble

Top Bottom