Does Nokia 6030 suuport data cable transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I have read various posts regd 6030 data cable where some ppl say u cant use data cale to transfer ringtones etc to cell. Here in HK its costing 80 HK$ means 456 rs .But my question is can i transfer ringtones , themes and Wallpapers through this data cable ?

Thanks
Sumit

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
On the site it says that its got some kind of plug and play connector... I don't know what that refers to and also there does not seem to be any kind of data cable enhancement for sale on the nokia site

lavan_joy

Journeyman
I'm also a Nokia 6030 user and wasted my money by purchasing a datacable for that some months ago.

I enquired about this with Nokia customer care and got the following Email from them.

To: *******@yahoo.com
CC:
Subject: Nokia - N6030 Enquiry
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:37:57 +0530

Dear Mr. Lavan,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

In reference to your enquiry about connecting your Nokia 6030 to your PC, kindly note that, this phone does not have pop-port facility and you are unable to connect your phone to the PC. We are unable to integrate this feature in this phone through any software or hardware upgrades.

Please note that this phone has GPRS facility. EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment), a faster version of the Global System for Mobile (GSM) wireless service, is designed to deliver data at rates up to 384 Kbps and enable the delivery of multimedia and other broadband applications to mobile phone and computer users. The EDGE standard is built on the existing GSM standard, using the same time-division multiple access (TDMA) frame structure and existing cell arrangements.

For more information on features and specifications of Nokia 6030, kindly visit the below mentioned web link:

*www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,71373,00.html

Should you have any further enquiries, or if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Nokia Care and speak to any one of our friendly Technical Support Executives on 30303838 between the hours of 6am and 12 midnight, seven days a week. For online assistance, please visit "ASK Nokia" at our web site www.nokia.co.in

Kind regards,
Satish Kumar
Nokia Care

Gaurav

In the zone
visited the following website "*www.opm-2.com/OPM2/" and the software supports connectivity with nokia 6030. but how anyone having idea any new type of cable invented after the above connection.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

If Nokia doesnt support official cable
then is this cable good ?

*cgi.ebay.in/USB-Data-Cable-for-Nok...ryZ87883QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Try PC Suite v6.8 ... i faced strange problem with my 6681 with upto v6.6 ....

Anyway ,.. that Nokia reply was a big lie ... my friend uses 6030 .. he can transfer files to his phone .. and can browse the net .... but the phone is an EDGE Class 5 phone .. so the max. supported speed is 177 Kbps ....

Gaurav

In the zone
but how is it possible, I too own nokia 6030 but on the website it doesnot have any data cable, that plug n play connector is for software upgradation.
Please throw some light which software to use for connectivity and what is the cost of that cable.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
It seems Nokia 6030 cable is a big mystery......[:)]
Junta plz comment on that cable link which I had posted above...

Tks
E..

shinepmani

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,
I am one of thoe guys who bought a datacable for my n6030.The funny fact is I was actually able to use the cable and connect my computer to my mobile.But I recently had to format my harddisk and reinstall the os.After that the computer doesnt recognise my mobile.I figured that with my datacable I installed a driver called pl-2303,a driver which makes a usb-to-serial port,through which I can comunicate with my computer. But now after formating my machine the same drivers doesnt work,I dont know why. I know it must have been something I installed before and dont have it now,but dont know what.

aptuz

I think I should say "ITS POSSIBLE". I could atleast get to my cell phone and see whats in it. I bought this DAU-9P/FBUS USB Data Connectivity Cable from ebay. It was expensive though (about $20 with shipping).

And BTW Nokia PC Suite.. its not for Nokia 6030. Basically the software doesnt even support or recognize the device. I tried but no luck.

The ebay guy sent me a trial version of the software that reads the data from Nokia 6030. Also, I recently found that the software can be downloaded from the website (*www.opm-2.com/download/download.asp?File=OPM2.zip). But this is just a trial version.

Please read the data in the website (*www.opm-2.com) for more information. But if someone could find the full version or the retail version of the software that would be great (or some cracked version of the software OPM2 v2.9.5.9).

Does anyone have the software ????

shinepmani

Actually ( When the datacable worked) I was able to use two softwares to interface with my computer.They were Mobimb v3.1 and opm2. They worked fine. But it is not the interface that is a problem with me,it is the connection. I dont know why it cant recognise the mobile as it did the last time.

mohitgiri

Journeyman
all the solution is here use data cable of akasaki n use mobi mb 3.1 version thats supports n6030 full supports thanx

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Mohit I had data cable of akasaki and Mobi MB 3.2 but still it doesnt show in My comp .It just plays some sound that USB had been inserted..but after that nothing :(

mohitgiri

Journeyman
no no/ in my shopee i hav a data cable of akasaki and mobi mb 3.1 and it fully supports N6030 N6060. i think u r doing some mistakes in installing tha cable driver or some mistake in cable.
if everything is ok then chek ur mobi mb port setting and com choose the correct com

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
ya ya mohit thanks...can u tell me among options of mobi mb ...which option shud i choose ? thr is some DKU-5 then some FSR cable etc etc..every option i had chosen..it says ..this port is already in use..while i connect akasaki cable to my laptop's USB port...plzzz help ...im screwed by 6030 not getting detected :(

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Well brothers..I cant figure out yet how to dload games etc to 6030..so jus went to Mobile Shop nearby and got three games installed in my 6030 "Moto GP,Prince of Persia,Splinter Cell " in 60/- only.....he he :) ....but my 300/- akasaki cable is waste though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom