Does Nokia 6030 suuport data cable transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think all u need is the correct data cable...my bro owns 6030 and i connected it with datacable
purchased it from grey market ,and cost me 300bucks

here is the pic i found to let others know how data cable look like
*img399.imageshack.us/img399/2007/usbcablefornokia6030gtdcusbnki6030avn6.jpg

also use mobmb media browser and u will be able to connect ur ph
*img524.imageshack.us/img524/23/6030mobimb31197lt9.jpg

there are also many games available for s40 ie 6030 mob,

hope this helps u

pravardhan

Right off the assembly line
I bought a data cable for 6030. On its box it's written as Kinz. The cable gets detected, but the phone cannot be recognized by either MobiMB or Oxygen Phone Manager!!!!

So, what could be wrong?????????

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
instead use gprs to transfer datd upload to ww.mobango.com
and download on ur fone by wap.mobango.com and input the code
thats all i can help

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Although Nokia officially does not have a cable for 6030, u can get a cable 4 Rs.250. You can use ir to download or upload games, ringtones, wallpapers, themes & screensavers from/to ur PC but cannot browse the internet on ur PC with this cable for the simple reason that 6030 does not have a modem inbuilt...my previous phone was a 6030 & I have downloaded games, wallpapers, photos & ringtones.

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
I used my 6030 and 6060 with USB data cable and latest Mobi.MB manager.I have installed games and all stuffs sucessfully.Try all u dudes.

shinepmani

Right off the assembly line
To connect the cable with the pc all u need is a driver called PL-2303....As we can see only some of the softwares available in the market can be used to connect the mobile to pc...and I am still not sure about the fact that nokia 6030 doesnt have a inbuilt modem,i really doubt that...cause i read in a thread once that some guy is using his n6030 to connect to net through the pc...No one knows the truth....

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
man i m using nokia 6030 n i can transfer pics,games,mid tones using data cable n cell phone manager......
my cable costed me 150 bucks n works fine(driver cd free with it)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
shinepmani said:
To connect the cable with the pc all u need is a driver called PL-2303....As we can see only some of the softwares available in the market can be used to connect the mobile to pc...and I am still not sure about the fact that nokia 6030 doesnt have a inbuilt modem,i really doubt that...cause i read in a thread once that some guy is using his n6030 to connect to net through the pc...No one knows the truth....
Nokia 6030 DOES NOT have a inbult modem & that is a fact...u may want to check with Nokia to confirm the same...maybe someone made a mistake i.e. typo in the post u read about someone using 6030 to connect to the net.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, digging Up this OLD thread. Sorry for that. But what can I Say , this thread saved ma life!
I have a Nokia 6030. Bough a data cable for 300/- . It worked fine with the driver and MobiMB Mobile Media Browser !
but I lost the Driver CD !!! But as the driver was installed in my PC i cud still use my data cable,
but I realized that as soon as I format my PC again... I will be left high and dry with no driver for the datacable.
Hence I googled quite a bit. Nokia site doesn't mention anything about 6030's capability to connect with PC. SAD.

So after googling with "Data Cable Type for Nokia 6030"
the third link pointed right at this topic ! gaah!! I was so glad !

@shinepmani Thanks a load !!!

Its indeed PL-2303 driver !!! Works great !!

Next Googling of "PL-2303 driver download windows" yielded me loads of results
and the 2nd link *www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

turned out to be my saviour !

Downloaded the ZIP , installed the driver ( I am on WinXP SP2 ) ,and then installed MobiMB Mobile Media Browser ! And it works fine :)

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you so much Digsters!

Regards,
Lord of Asgard.

IllegalUser

Caution !
Hi all, want to clear some doubts :) hope you guys wil help me out! I own one nokia 6030 and i want to transfer some stuffs from my PC.. but the problem is right now i'm using W98 :D.. havn't bought any data cable yet.. is it possible to install those drivers in W98?? and wil MobiMB Mobile Media Browser work in W98?? I'm waiting for reply.. else its waste of money. Hope you don't mind replyng to this.. thank you.

Cheers,
Illegal User. :cool:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Illegal, We don't mind.

MobiMB Mobile Media Browser works in Win 98.
*www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php?id=51&section=specs

and PL-2303 driver works in 98 too.

So I think you are safe !
Knock yourself out.

But as far as transferring stuff from your PC, meager 2 MB memory.... thats a real drag !

IllegalUser

Caution !
Thor said:
Hi Illegal, We don't mind.

MobiMB Mobile Media Browser works in Win 98.
*www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php?id=51&section=specs

and PL-2303 driver works in 98 too.

So I think you are safe !
Knock yourself out.

But as far as transferring stuff from your PC, meager 2 MB memory.... thats a real drag !

oh ok ! Thanks buddy;).. so i'l go for it. I should ask for Nokia 6030 Data cable right?? Wil they provide Driver CD along with the cable?? or should i download?? 300 bucks !! hmm.. anyways let me go and check out whether its available here... once again thanx yaa .. keep rocking ;)

Cheerz,
Illegal User:cool:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
They will give you a driver CD. The package generally comes with the DataCable and Driver CD. And the CD will be smaller in size, generally CDs are 120 mm in Diameter , these ones are 80 mm in diameter :D , bloody i misplaced it. SO I had to download.
Here is a screenshot of how the cable looks ...

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/5210/usbdcnokia6030d16c21c6er3.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

IllegalUser

Caution !
Thor said:
They will give you a driver CD. The package generally comes with the DataCable and Driver CD. And the CD will be smaller in size, generally CDs are 120 mm in Diameter , these ones are 80 mm in diameter :D , bloody i misplaced it. SO I had to download.
Here is a screenshot of how the cable looks ...

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/5210/usbdcnokia6030d16c21c6er3.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

oh okie.. thxn buddy.:) By the way i download some games from net which is .jar file.. am i able to play those games in 6030?? or should i download symbian games??? and how to install symbian and .jar files??? thnx in advance .:D

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
.jar games run fine, but you should check whether the game is compatible with the set. Sometime you may get the game to run but may find that the whole game doesn't fit in the Screen!! So be careful there !

I haven't tried out symbian games. so no idea, as it is , the cell has too low memory to try anything , anyways I will give you two links :
*www.masti4india.com/mobile_zone/ringtones.htm
*gallery.mobile9.com/

Check them out.

IllegalUser

Caution !
Thor said:
.jar games run fine, but you should check whether the game is compatible with the set. Sometime you may get the game to run but may find that the whole game doesn't fit in the Screen!! So be careful there !

I haven't tried out symbian games. so no idea, as it is , the cell has too low memory to try anything , anyways I will give you two links :
*www.masti4india.com/mobile_zone/ringtones.htm
*gallery.mobile9.com/

Check them out.
thnx yaar:).. by the way how to install those games and themes?? jus cut copy and paste ?? should we extract those .jar files?? .nth files? :confused:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Jar files also come along with a .jad files sometimes...
When they are games just copy them into the Application\Games folder
When some applications just copy them jar and jad files to Applications\Collection Folder.
and .nth are themes no need of extracting them , just copy and paste at Gallery\Themes .

letme know if you find other cool links ok ? Are you on orkut ?

IllegalUser

Caution !
Thor said:
Jar files also come along with a .jad files sometimes...
When they are games just copy them into the Application\Games folder
When some applications just copy them jar and jad files to Applications\Collection Folder.
and .nth are themes no need of extracting them , just copy and paste at Gallery\Themes .

letme know if you find other cool links ok ? Are you on orkut ?
Once again thanx yaar..And if you don't mind can u mail me that MobMB software?? If then this is my mail id - gorganytz@gmail.com. ok na?? Yup! i'l let yu know if i find any cool links ;) oh yeah.. i'm there in orkut.. but not much into it.. this is my profile link www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=4108538195132732187.. keep in touch. ciaao
Cheerz,
Illegal User:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom